The prognostic significance of the biomarker p16 in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.
AuthorsOguejiofor, Kenneth K
Hall, J S
Slevin, Nicholas J
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationTranslational Radiobiology Group, Institute of Cancer Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is an increasing incidence of human papillomavirus (HPV)-positive oropharyngeal squamous cell cancers (OPSCC) mostly associated with favourable outcomes. p16 immunohistochemistry is a surrogate marker for HPV positivity in OPSCC. The prognostic strength of p16 over traditional prognostic factors is not fully characterised. In this study, we evaluated the clinical and demographic differences between p16-positive and -negative OPSCC and characterised its prognostic strength versus traditional prognostic factors.
CitationThe prognostic significance of the biomarker p16 in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. 2013, 25 (11):630-8 Clin Oncol
- A systematic investigation of the association between HPV and the clinicopathological parameters and prognosis of oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas.
- Authors: Wang F, Zhang H, Xue Y, Wen J, Zhou J, Yang X, Wei J
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Molecular subclassification determined by human papillomavirus and epidermal growth factor receptor status is associated with the prognosis of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Nakano T, Yamamoto H, Nakashima T, Nishijima T, Satoh M, Hatanaka Y, Shiratsuchi H, Yasumatsu R, Toh S, Komune S, Oda Y
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- The prognostic role of sex, race, and human papillomavirus in oropharyngeal and nonoropharyngeal head and neck squamous cell cancer.
- Authors: Fakhry C, Westra WH, Wang SJ, van Zante A, Zhang Y, Rettig E, Yin LX, Ryan WR, Ha PK, Wentz A, Koch W, Richmon JD, Eisele DW, D'Souza G
- Issue date: 2017 May 1
- Association of Human Papillomavirus and p16 Status With Outcomes in the IMCL-9815 Phase III Registration Trial for Patients With Locoregionally Advanced Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck Treated With Radiotherapy With or Without Cetuximab.
- Authors: Rosenthal DI, Harari PM, Giralt J, Bell D, Raben D, Liu J, Schulten J, Ang KK, Bonner JA
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 20
- Human papillomavirus DNA and p16 expression in Japanese patients with oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Kawakami H, Okamoto I, Terao K, Sakai K, Suzuki M, Ueda S, Tanaka K, Kuwata K, Morita Y, Ono K, Nishio K, Nishimura Y, Doi K, Nakagawa K
- Issue date: 2013 Dec