A phase 1 trial of intravenous 4-(N-(S-glutathionylacetyl)amino) phenylarsenoxide (GSAO) in patients with advanced solid tumours.
Ward, Timothy H
Backen, Alison C
Clamp, Andrew R
Dawson, Martin J
Kumaran, Gireesh C
Saunders, Mark P
Smith, Nigel K
Jayson, Gordon C
AffiliationInstitute for Cancer Studies Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract4-(N-(S-glutathionylacetyl)amino) phenylarsenoxide (GSAO) is a water-soluble mitochondrial toxin that binds to adenine nucleotide translocase in the inner mitochondrial membrane, thereby targeting cell proliferation. This phase 1 study investigated safety, dose-limiting toxicities (DLTs), maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and pharmacokinetics (PK) of GSAO as a daily 1-h infusion for 5 days a week for 2 weeks in every three. Pharmacodynamics of GSAO was evaluated by dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) and circulating markers of angiogenesis.
CitationA phase 1 trial of intravenous 4-(N-(S-glutathionylacetyl)amino) phenylarsenoxide (GSAO) in patients with advanced solid tumours. 2013, 72 (6):1343-52 Cancer Chemother Pharmacol
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Phase I study of TLK286 (glutathione S-transferase P1-1 activated glutathione analogue) in advanced refractory solid malignancies.
- Authors: Rosen LS, Brown J, Laxa B, Boulos L, Reiswig L, Henner WD, Lum RT, Schow SR, Maack CA, Keck JG, Mascavage JC, Dombroski JA, Gomez RF, Brown GL
- Issue date: 2003 May
- Para to ortho repositioning of the arsenical moiety of the angiogenesis inhibitor 4-(N-(S-glutathionylacetyl)amino)phenylarsenoxide results in a markedly increased cellular accumulation and antiproliferative activity.
- Authors: Dilda PJ, Decollogne S, Rossiter-Thornton M, Hogg PJ
- Issue date: 2005 Dec 15
- Pharmaceutical development of the novel arsenical based cancer therapeutic GSAO for Phase I clinical trial.
- Authors: Elliott MA, Ford SJ, Prasad E, Dick LJ, Farmer H, Hogg PJ, Halbert GW
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 15
- Metabolism of the tumor angiogenesis inhibitor 4-(N-(S-Glutathionylacetyl)amino)phenylarsonous acid.
- Authors: Dilda PJ, Ramsay EE, Corti A, Pompella A, Hogg PJ
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 19
- A phase I clinical trial of darinaparsin in patients with refractory solid tumors.
- Authors: Tsimberidou AM, Camacho LH, Verstovsek S, Ng C, Hong DS, Uehara CK, Gutierrez C, Daring S, Stevens J, Komarnitsky PB, Schwartz B, Kurzrock R
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 15