Risk-reducing laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for low-grade appendiceal mucinous neoplasm: early outcomes and technique.
Wilson, Malcolm S
Fulford, Paul E
Renehan, Andrew G
O'Dwyer, Sarah T
AffiliationPeritoneal Tumour Service, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLow-grade appendiceal mucinous neoplasm (LAMN) is a precursor lesion of pseudomyxoma peritonei, which, if treated suboptimally, may later disseminate throughout the abdominal cavity. We previously demonstrated the role of cytoreductive surgery (CRS) and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) to reduce the dissemination risk. Here we describe the feasibility and safety of minimal access cytoreductive surgery (MACRS) and HIPEC as an alternative to the open approach.
CitationRisk-reducing laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for low-grade appendiceal mucinous neoplasm: early outcomes and technique. 2013: Surg Endosc
- Laparoscopic Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (L-CRS/HIPEC) for Perforated Low-Grade Appendiceal Mucinous Neoplasm (LAMN II).
- Authors: Parkin E, Selvasekar C, Wilson M, Renehan A, O'Dwyer S, Aziz O
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Recurrence and outcome after complete tumour removal and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in 512 patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei from perforated appendiceal mucinous tumours.
- Authors: Lord AC, Shihab O, Chandrakumaran K, Mohamed F, Cecil TD, Moran BJ
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Management of an inguinal hernia in patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei.
- Authors: Sugarbaker PH
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Single-Port Laparoscopic Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy.
- Authors: Alshammari T, Alshammari S, Hakami R, Alharbi A, Alyami M, Abdulla M, Bin Traiki T
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 9
- Early Postoperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Low-Grade Appendiceal Mucinous Neoplasms with Pseudomyxoma Peritonei: Is it Beneficial?
- Authors: Huang Y, Alzahrani NA, Liauw W, Traiki TB, Morris DL
- Issue date: 2017 Jan