Cross-sectional and longitudinal associations between insulin-like growth factor I and metabolic syndrome: a general population study in German adults.
AffiliationInstitute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University Medicine Greifswald, Ferdinand-Sauerbruch-Straße NK, D-17475, Greifswald, Germany.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA previous study showed an inverse association between the insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and the risk of impaired glucose tolerance or diabetes mellitus. Moreover, myocardial infarction patients with high baseline IGF-I levels had a lower risk of diabetes mellitus. These data suggested a protective effect of IGF-I against the development of metabolic syndrome. However, there are no longitudinal data regarding IGF-I and metabolic syndrome. The aim of the present study was to investigate the longitudinal association between IGF-I and metabolic syndrome.
CitationCross-sectional and longitudinal associations between insulin-like growth factor I and metabolic syndrome: a general population study in German adults. 2013, 29 (6):452-62 Diabetes Metab Res Rev
JournalDiabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews
- Association between serum insulin-like growth factor I or IGF-binding protein 3 and estimated glomerular filtration rate: results of a population-based sample.
- Authors: Dittmann K, Wallaschofski H, Rettig R, Stracke S, Endlich K, Völzke H, Nauck M, Friedrich N
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 13
- Serum insulin-like growth factor I and its binding protein 3 in their relation to intima-media thickness: results of the study of health in Pomerania (SHIP).
- Authors: Spilcke-Liss E, Friedrich N, Dörr M, Schminke U, Völzke H, Brabant G, Nauck M, Wallaschofski H
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Association between the insulin-like growth factor axis in serum and periodontitis in the Study of Health in Pomerania: an exploratory study.
- Authors: Harb AN, Holtfreter B, Friedrich N, Wallaschofski H, Nauck M, Albers M, Meisel P, Biffar R, Kocher T
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Gender differences in the relation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 to cardiovascular risk factors: a population-based study.
- Authors: Undén AL, Elofsson S, Brismar K
- Issue date: 2005 Jul
- IGF-I/IGFBP-3 ratio: a mechanistic insight into the metabolic syndrome.
- Authors: Sierra-Johnson J, Romero-Corral A, Somers VK, Lopez-Jimenez F, Mälarstig A, Brismar K, Hamsten A, Fisher RM, Hellénius ML
- Issue date: 2009 Mar