Chemically facilitating the generation of diagnostic ions from SUMO(2/3) remnant isopeptides.
AffiliationPaterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK; School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Brunswick Street, Manchester, M13 9SU, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMapping sites of wild-type SUMO modification is a challenging endeavour. Here we postulate that a combination of chemical derivatistation and collision-induced dissociation (CID) could be used to generate SUMO remnant diagnostic ions to aid both detection of these isopeptides and increase the analytical value of the product ion spectra required to characterize the nature and position of modification.
CitationChemically facilitating the generation of diagnostic ions from SUMO(2/3) remnant isopeptides. 2013, 27 (18):2108-14 Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom
JournalRapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry
- A novel approach to the analysis of SUMOylation with the independent use of trypsin and elastase digestion followed by database searching utilising consecutive residue addition to lysine.
- Authors: Chicooree N, Griffiths JR, Connolly Y, Tan CT, Malliri A, Eyers CE, Smith DL
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 15
- Enhanced detection of ubiquitin isopeptides using reductive methylation.
- Authors: Chicooree N, Connolly Y, Tan CT, Malliri A, Li Y, Smith DL, Griffiths JR
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Mass spectral enhanced detection of Ubls using SWATH acquisition: MEDUSA--simultaneous quantification of SUMO and ubiquitin-derived isopeptides.
- Authors: Griffiths JR, Chicooree N, Connolly Y, Neffling M, Lane CS, Knapman T, Smith DL
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Targeted identification of SUMOylation sites in human proteins using affinity enrichment and paralog-specific reporter ions.
- Authors: Lamoliatte F, Bonneil E, Durette C, Caron-Lizotte O, Wildemann D, Zerweck J, Wenshuk H, Thibault P
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Differentiating alpha- and beta-aspartic acids by electrospray ionization and low-energy tandem mass spectrometry.
- Authors: González LJ, Shimizu T, Satomi Y, Betancourt L, Besada V, Padrón G, Orlando R, Shirasawa T, Shimonishi Y, Takao T
- Issue date: 2000