Diagnostic SOX10 gene signatures in salivary adenoid cystic and breast basal-like carcinomas.
AffiliationSection of Otolaryngology, Department of Surgery, Yale School of Medicine, 800 Howard Avenue, New Haven, CT 06519-1369, USA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSalivary adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) is an insidious slow-growing cancer with the propensity to recur and metastasise to distant sites. Basal-like breast carcinoma (BBC) is a molecular subtype that constitutes 15-20% of breast cancers, shares histological similarities and basal cell markers with ACC, lacks expression of ER (oestrogen receptor), PR (progesterone receptor), and HER2 (human epidermal growth factor receptor 2), and, similar to ACC, metastasises predominantly to the lung and brain. Both cancers lack targeted therapies owing to poor understanding of their molecular drivers.
CitationDiagnostic SOX10 gene signatures in salivary adenoid cystic and breast basal-like carcinomas. 2013, 109 (2):444-51 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Expression Profiling of Clinical Specimens Supports the Existence of Neural Progenitor-Like Stem Cells in Basal Breast Cancers.
- Authors: Panaccione A, Guo Y, Yarbrough WG, Ivanov SV
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Developmental transcription factor EN1--a novel biomarker in human salivary gland adenoid cystic carcinoma.
- Authors: Bell D, Bell A, Roberts D, Weber RS, El-Naggar AK
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 1
- In-depth characterization of the salivary adenoid cystic carcinoma transcriptome with emphasis on dominant cell type.
- Authors: Bell D, Bell AH, Bondaruk J, Hanna EY, Weber RS
- Issue date: 2016 May 15
- SOX10 is a novel marker of acinus and intercalated duct differentiation in salivary gland tumors: a clue to the histogenesis for tumor diagnosis.
- Authors: Ohtomo R, Mori T, Shibata S, Tsuta K, Maeshima AM, Akazawa C, Watabe Y, Honda K, Yamada T, Yoshimoto S, Asai M, Okano H, Kanai Y, Tsuda H
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- NOTCH1 and SOX10 are Essential for Proliferation and Radiation Resistance of Cancer Stem-Like Cells in Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.
- Authors: Panaccione A, Chang MT, Carbone BE, Guo Y, Moskaluk CA, Virk RK, Chiriboga L, Prasad ML, Judson B, Mehra S, Yarbrough WG, Ivanov SV
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 15