PLK1 and YY1 interaction in follicular lymphoma is associated with unfavourable outcome.
Menasce, Lia P
Radford, John A
Linton, Kim M
AffiliationThe Medical School, The University of Manchester, , Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractYing Yang 1 (YY1) is a transcription factor involved in both proliferation and apoptosis. It is prognostic in follicular lymphoma (FL), increased protein levels being associated with favourable outcome. PLK1 is a critical regulator of mitosis, playing a role in spindle formation and in regulation of the G2/M cell cycle checkpoint. PLK1 phosphorylates YY1 at the G2/M checkpoint with activation of YY1 and resultant progression from G2 into mitosis.
CitationPLK1 and YY1 interaction in follicular lymphoma is associated with unfavourable outcome. 2013, 66 (9):764-7 J Clin Pathol
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- The transcription factor YY1 is a substrate for Polo-like kinase 1 at the G2/M transition of the cell cycle.
- Authors: Rizkallah R, Alexander KE, Kassardjian A, Lüscher B, Hurt MM
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 6
- MicroRNA-100 is a potential molecular marker of non-small cell lung cancer and functions as a tumor suppressor by targeting polo-like kinase 1.
- Authors: Liu J, Lu KH, Liu ZL, Sun M, De W, Wang ZX
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 14
- Plk1 regulates both ASAP localization and its role in spindle pole integrity.
- Authors: Eot-Houllier G, Venoux M, Vidal-Eychenié S, Hoang MT, Giorgi D, Rouquier S
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 17
- Sequential phosphorylation of Nedd1 by Cdk1 and Plk1 is required for targeting of the gammaTuRC to the centrosome.
- Authors: Zhang X, Chen Q, Feng J, Hou J, Yang F, Liu J, Jiang Q, Zhang C
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 1
- P21-activated kinase is required for mitotic progression and regulates Plk1.
- Authors: Maroto B, Ye MB, von Lohneysen K, Schnelzer A, Knaus UG
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 21