PLK1 and YY1 interaction in follicular lymphoma is associated with unfavourable outcome.
Menasce, Lia P
Radford, John A
Linton, Kim M
AffiliationThe Medical School, The University of Manchester, , Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractYing Yang 1 (YY1) is a transcription factor involved in both proliferation and apoptosis. It is prognostic in follicular lymphoma (FL), increased protein levels being associated with favourable outcome. PLK1 is a critical regulator of mitosis, playing a role in spindle formation and in regulation of the G2/M cell cycle checkpoint. PLK1 phosphorylates YY1 at the G2/M checkpoint with activation of YY1 and resultant progression from G2 into mitosis.
CitationPLK1 and YY1 interaction in follicular lymphoma is associated with unfavourable outcome. 2013, 66 (9):764-7 J Clin Pathol
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- The transcription factor YY1 is a substrate for Polo-like kinase 1 at the G2/M transition of the cell cycle.
- Authors: Rizkallah R, Alexander KE, Kassardjian A, Lüscher B, Hurt MM
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 6
- Sequential phosphorylation of Nedd1 by Cdk1 and Plk1 is required for targeting of the gammaTuRC to the centrosome.
- Authors: Zhang X, Chen Q, Feng J, Hou J, Yang F, Liu J, Jiang Q, Zhang C
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 1
- P21-activated kinase is required for mitotic progression and regulates Plk1.
- Authors: Maroto B, Ye MB, von Lohneysen K, Schnelzer A, Knaus UG
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 21
- [Effect of Plk1 330/597 serine phosphorylated mutant on cytokinesis during mitosis].
- Authors: Cheng L, Chen LJ, An R, Du J
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Similarities of prosurvival signals in Bcl-2-positive and Bcl-2-negative follicular lymphomas identified by reverse phase protein microarray.
- Authors: Zha H, Raffeld M, Charboneau L, Pittaluga S, Kwak LW, Petricoin E 3rd, Liotta LA, Jaffe ES
- Issue date: 2004 Feb