The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of acupressure for the control and management of chemotherapy-related acute and delayed nausea: assessment of nausea in chemotherapy research (ANCHoR), a randomised controlled trial.
Ryder, W David J
AffiliationSchool of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting remain difficult symptoms to manage in clinical practice. As standard antiemetic drugs do not fully eliminate these symptoms, it is important to explore the adjuvant role of non-pharmacological and complementary therapies in antiemetic management approaches. Acupressure is one such treatment showing highly suggestive evidence so far of a positive effect, meriting further investigation.
CitationThe effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of acupressure for the control and management of chemotherapy-related acute and delayed nausea: assessment of nausea in chemotherapy research (ANCHoR), a randomised controlled trial. 2013, 17 (26):1-114 Health Technol Assess
JournalHealth Technology Assessment
- The effectiveness of acupressure for the control and management of chemotherapy-related acute and delayed nausea: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Molassiotis A, Russell W, Hughes J, Breckons M, Lloyd-Williams M, Richardson J, Hulme C, Brearley SG, Campbell M, Garrow A, Ryder WD
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- "Until the trial is complete you can't really say whether it helped you or not, can you?": exploring cancer patients' perceptions of taking part in a trial of acupressure wristbands.
- Authors: Hughes JG, Russell W, Breckons M, Richardson J, Lloyd-Williams M, Molassiotis A
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 8
- The effects of P6 acupressure in the prophylaxis of chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting in breast cancer patients.
- Authors: Molassiotis A, Helin AM, Dabbour R, Hummerston S
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Acupressure for chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: a randomized clinical trial.
- Authors: Dibble SL, Luce J, Cooper BA, Israel J, Cohen M, Nussey B, Rugo H
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Acupressure bands do not improve chemotherapy-induced nausea control in pediatric patients receiving highly emetogenic chemotherapy: A single-blinded, randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Dupuis LL, Kelly KM, Krischer JP, Langevin AM, Tamura RN, Xu P, Chen L, Kolb EA, Ullrich NJ, Sahler OJZ, Hendershot E, Stratton A, Sung L, McLean TW
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 15