SABRE 1 (Surgery Against Brachytherapy - a Randomised Evaluation): feasibility randomised controlled trial (RCT) of brachytherapy vs radical prostatectomy in low-intermediate risk clinically localised prostate cancer.
AffiliationUniversity of Southampton Clinical Trials Unit, Southampton.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo determine the feasibility of a phase III randomised controlled trial of brachytherapy vs radical prostatectomy (RP) in men with low-intermediate risk localised prostate cancer.
CitationSABRE 1 (Surgery Against Brachytherapy - a Randomised Evaluation): feasibility randomised controlled trial (RCT) of brachytherapy vs radical prostatectomy in low-intermediate risk clinically localised prostate cancer. 2013, 112 (3):330-7 BJU Int
- Partial ablation versus radical prostatectomy in intermediate-risk prostate cancer: the PART feasibility RCT.
- Authors: Hamdy FC, Elliott D, le Conte S, Davies LC, Burns RM, Thomson C, Gray R, Wolstenholme J, Donovan JL, Fitzpatrick R, Verrill C, Gleeson F, Singh S, Rosario D, Catto JW, Brewster S, Dudderidge T, Hindley R, Emara A, Sooriakumaran P, Ahmed HU, Leslie TA
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Choice between prostatectomy and radiotherapy when men are eligible for both: a randomized controlled trial of usual care vs decision aid.
- Authors: van Tol-Geerdink JJ, Willem Leer J, Weijerman PC, van Oort IM, Vergunst H, van Lin EN, Alfred Witjes J, Stalmeier PF
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Active monitoring, radical prostatectomy, or radiotherapy for localised prostate cancer: study design and diagnostic and baseline results of the ProtecT randomised phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Lane JA, Donovan JL, Davis M, Walsh E, Dedman D, Down L, Turner EL, Mason MD, Metcalfe C, Peters TJ, Martin RM, Neal DE, Hamdy FC, ProtecT study group.
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- The Prostate Cancer Intervention Versus Observation Trial: VA/NCI/AHRQ Cooperative Studies Program #407 (PIVOT): design and baseline results of a randomized controlled trial comparing radical prostatectomy with watchful waiting for men with clinically localized prostate cancer.
- Authors: Wilt TJ
- Issue date: 2012 Dec