SABRE 1 (Surgery Against Brachytherapy - a Randomised Evaluation): feasibility randomised controlled trial (RCT) of brachytherapy vs radical prostatectomy in low-intermediate risk clinically localised prostate cancer.
AffiliationUniversity of Southampton Clinical Trials Unit, Southampton.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo determine the feasibility of a phase III randomised controlled trial of brachytherapy vs radical prostatectomy (RP) in men with low-intermediate risk localised prostate cancer.
CitationSABRE 1 (Surgery Against Brachytherapy - a Randomised Evaluation): feasibility randomised controlled trial (RCT) of brachytherapy vs radical prostatectomy in low-intermediate risk clinically localised prostate cancer. 2013, 112 (3):330-7 BJU Int
- Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) 90203: a randomized phase 3 study of radical prostatectomy alone versus estramustine and docetaxel before radical prostatectomy for patients with high-risk localized disease.
- Authors: Eastham JA, Kelly WK, Grossfeld GD, Small EJ, Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 29
- A prospective quality-of-life study in men with clinically localized prostate carcinoma treated with radical prostatectomy, external beam radiotherapy, or interstitial brachytherapy.
- Authors: Lee WR, Hall MC, McQuellon RP, Case LD, McCullough DL
- Issue date: 2001 Nov 1
- Choice between prostatectomy and radiotherapy when men are eligible for both: a randomized controlled trial of usual care vs decision aid.
- Authors: van Tol-Geerdink JJ, Willem Leer J, Weijerman PC, van Oort IM, Vergunst H, van Lin EN, Alfred Witjes J, Stalmeier PF
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Active monitoring, radical prostatectomy, or radiotherapy for localised prostate cancer: study design and diagnostic and baseline results of the ProtecT randomised phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Lane JA, Donovan JL, Davis M, Walsh E, Dedman D, Down L, Turner EL, Mason MD, Metcalfe C, Peters TJ, Martin RM, Neal DE, Hamdy FC, ProtecT study group.
- Issue date: 2014 Sep