A randomized, controlled trial of acupuncture self-needling as maintenance therapy for cancer-related fatigue after therapist-delivered acupuncture.
Mackereth, Peter A
Ryder, W David J
AffiliationSchool of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMaintenance acupuncture is advocated by clinicians after successful clinic-based acupuncture. We aimed to assess the effectiveness of maintenance acupuncture in the management of cancer-related fatigue (CRF); treatment delivered by therapists or self-acupuncture/self-needling was compared with no maintenance treatment.
CitationA randomized, controlled trial of acupuncture self-needling as maintenance therapy for cancer-related fatigue after therapist-delivered acupuncture. 2013, 24 (6):1645-52 Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- Acupuncture for cancer-related fatigue in patients with breast cancer: a pragmatic randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Molassiotis A, Bardy J, Finnegan-John J, Mackereth P, Ryder DW, Filshie J, Ream E, Richardson A
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 20
- Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials of Acupuncture for Cancer-Related Fatigue.
- Authors: Zeng Y, Luo T, Finnegan-John J, Cheng AS
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Providing acupuncture in a breast cancer and fatigue trial: The therapists' experience.
- Authors: Bardy J, Finnegan-John J, Molassiotis A, Mackereth P
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Patient education integrated with acupuncture for relief of cancer-related fatigue randomized controlled feasibility study.
- Authors: Johnston MF, Hays RD, Subramanian SK, Elashoff RM, Axe EK, Li JJ, Kim I, Vargas RB, Lee J, Yang L, Hui KK
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 25
- Training in self-needling and performing it as part of a clinical trial: the practitioner and patient experience.
- Authors: Bardy J, Mackereth P, Finnegan-John J, Molassiotis A
- Issue date: 2015 Jun