CD86 expression as a surrogate cellular biomarker for pharmacologic inhibition of the histone demethylase LSD1.
AffiliationCancer Research UK Leukaemia Biology Laboratory, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M20 4BX, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is a lack of rapid cell-based assays that read out enzymatic inhibition of the histone demethylase LSD1. Through transcriptome analysis of human acute myeloid leukemia THP1 cells treated with a tranylcypromine-derivative inhibitor of LSD1 active in the low nanomolar range, we identified the cell surface marker CD86 as a sensitive surrogate biomarker of LSD1 inhibition. Within 24 hours of enzyme inhibition there was substantial and dose-dependent up regulation of CD86 expression, as detected by quantitative PCR, flow cytometry and ELISA. Thus, use of CD86 expression may facilitate screening of compounds with putative LSD1 inhibitory activities in cellular assays.
CitationCD86 expression as a surrogate cellular biomarker for pharmacologic inhibition of the histone demethylase LSD1. 2013: Anal Biochem
- The re-expression of the epigenetically silenced e-cadherin gene by a polyamine analogue lysine-specific demethylase-1 (LSD1) inhibitor in human acute myeloid leukemia cell lines.
- Authors: Murray-Stewart T, Woster PM, Casero RA Jr
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Fluorinated tranylcypromine analogues as inhibitors of lysine-specific demethylase 1 (LSD1, KDM1A).
- Authors: Borrello MT, Schinor B, Bartels K, Benelkebir H, Pereira S, Al-Jamal WT, Douglas L, Duriez PJ, Packham G, Haufe G, Ganesan A
- Issue date: 2017 May 15
- Tying up tranylcypromine: Novel selective histone lysine specific demethylase 1 (LSD1) inhibitors.
- Authors: Ji YY, Lin SD, Wang YJ, Su MB, Zhang W, Gunosewoyo H, Yang F, Li J, Tang J, Zhou YB, Yu LF
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 1
- Structurally designed trans-2-phenylcyclopropylamine derivatives potently inhibit histone demethylase LSD1/KDM1 .
- Authors: Mimasu S, Umezawa N, Sato S, Higuchi T, Umehara T, Yokoyama S
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 3
- Towards the development of activity-based probes for detection of lysine-specific demethylase-1 activity.
- Authors: Ourailidou ME, Lenoci A, Zwergel C, Rotili D, Mai A, Dekker FJ
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 1