Biochemical outcomes for patients with intermediate risk prostate cancer treated with I-125 interstitial brachytherapy monotherapy.
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRoutine use of I-125 interstitial brachytherapy (BT) alone in intermediate risk (IR) prostate cancer is controversial. It is often combined with external beam radiotherapy (EBRT). The biochemical outcome of a large cohort of only IR disease treated with BT monotherapy is reported.
CitationBiochemical outcomes for patients with intermediate risk prostate cancer treated with I-125 interstitial brachytherapy monotherapy. 2013: Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Association of percent positive prostate biopsies and perineural invasion with biochemical outcome after external beam radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer.
- Authors: Wong WW, Schild SE, Vora SA, Halyard MY
- Issue date: 2004 Sep 1
- Intermediate-risk localized prostate cancer in the PSA era: radiotherapeutic alternatives.
- Authors: Gondi V, Deutsch I, Mansukhani M, O'Toole KM, Shah JN, Schiff PB, Katz AE, Benson MC, Goluboff ET, Ennis RD
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Long-term outcome by risk factors using conformal high-dose-rate brachytherapy (HDR-BT) boost with or without neoadjuvant androgen suppression for localized prostate cancer.
- Authors: Galalae RM, Martinez A, Mate T, Mitchell C, Edmundson G, Nuernberg N, Eulau S, Gustafson G, Gribble M, Kovács G
- Issue date: 2004 Mar 15
- Impact of supplemental external beam radiotherapy and/or androgen deprivation therapy on biochemical outcome after permanent prostate brachytherapy.
- Authors: Merrick GS, Butler WM, Wallner KE, Galbreath RW, Lief JH, Allen Z, Adamovich E
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 1
- Multi-institutional analysis of long-term outcome for stages T1-T2 prostate cancer treated with permanent seed implantation.
- Authors: Zelefsky MJ, Kuban DA, Levy LB, Potters L, Beyer DC, Blasko JC, Moran BJ, Ciezki JP, Zietman AL, Pisansky TM, Elshaikh M, Horwitz EM
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 1