Ovarian cancer among 8,005 women from a breast cancer family history clinic: no increased risk of invasive ovarian cancer in families testing negative for BRCA1 and BRCA2.
AffiliationCentre for Health Informatics, Institute of Population Health, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMutations in BRCA1/2 genes confer ovarian, alongside breast, cancer risk. We examined the risk of developing ovarian cancer in BRCA1/2-positive families and if this risk is extended to BRCA negative families.
CitationOvarian cancer among 8,005 women from a breast cancer family history clinic: no increased risk of invasive ovarian cancer in families testing negative for BRCA1 and BRCA2. 2013, 50 (6):368-72 J Med Genet
JournalJournal of Medical Genetics
- Breast cancer risks in women with a family history of breast or ovarian cancer who have tested negative for a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation.
- Authors: Metcalfe KA, Finch A, Poll A, Horsman D, Kim-Sing C, Scott J, Royer R, Sun P, Narod SA
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 27
- Complete BRCA mutation screening in breast and ovarian cancer predisposition families from a North-Eastern Romanian population.
- Authors: Negura L, Uhrhammer N, Negura A, Artenie V, Carasevici E, Bignon YJ
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Significant clinical impact of recurrent BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations in Mexico.
- Authors: Villarreal-Garza C, Alvarez-Gómez RM, Pérez-Plasencia C, Herrera LA, Herzog J, Castillo D, Mohar A, Castro C, Gallardo LN, Gallardo D, Santibáñez M, Blazer KR, Weitzel JN
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 1
- BRCA1 and BRCA2 unclassified variants and missense polymorphisms in Algerian breast/ovarian cancer families.
- Authors: Cherbal F, Salhi N, Bakour R, Adane S, Boualga K, Maillet P
- Issue date: 2012
- Family history of cancer and cancer risks in women with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations.
- Authors: Metcalfe K, Lubinski J, Lynch HT, Ghadirian P, Foulkes WD, Kim-Sing C, Neuhausen S, Tung N, Rosen B, Gronwald J, Ainsworth P, Sweet K, Eisen A, Sun P, Narod SA, Hereditary Breast Cancer Clinical Study Group.
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 15