A fluorescence-based assay for the apurinic/apyrimidinic-site cleavage activity of human tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase 1.
AuthorsThomson, Graeme J
Hamilton, Nicola S
Hopkins, Gemma V
Waddell, Ian D
Watson, Amanda J
Ogilvie, Donald J
AffiliationCancer Research UK Drug Discovery Unit, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4BX, UK. Electronic address: email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase 1 (Tdp1) catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphodiester bonds between the DNA 3'-phosphate and tyrosine residues and plays a major role in the repair of stalled topoisomerase I-DNA covalent complexes. Given this role, Tdp1 is of interest as a potential target for anticancer therapy. Inhibiting Tdp1 in combination with clinically used Top1 inhibitors may potentiate the effects of the latter and help to overcome some of the chemoresistance issues currently observed. In addition, Tdp1 can function during DNA repair to remove a variety of other 3' adducts from DNA such as phosphoglycolates and abasic or apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) sites. Here we describe a new mix-and-read homogeneous fluorogenic assay for the measurement of the AP-site cleavage activity of Tdp1 that is compatible with high-throughput screening. The application of such an assay will open up further avenues for the discovery of novel Tdp1 inhibitors.
CitationA fluorescence-based assay for the apurinic/apyrimidinic-site cleavage activity of human tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase 1. 2013, 440 (1):1-5 Anal Biochem
- [Tyrosyl-DNA Phosphodiesterase 1 Is a New Player in Repair of Apurinic/Apyrimidinic Sites].
- Authors: Rechkunova NI, Lebedeva NA, Lavrik OI
- Issue date: 2015 Sep-Oct
- Tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase 1 initiates repair of apurinic/apyrimidinic sites.
- Authors: Lebedeva NA, Rechkunova NI, El-Khamisy SF, Lavrik OI
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Pre-steady state kinetics of DNA binding and abasic site hydrolysis by tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase 1.
- Authors: Kuznetsov NA, Lebedeva NA, Kuznetsova AA, Rechkunova NI, Dyrkheeva NS, Kupryushkin MS, Stetsenko DA, Pyshnyi DV, Fedorova OS, Lavrik OI
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- The mechanism of human tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase 1 in the cleavage of AP site and its synthetic analogs.
- Authors: Lebedeva NA, Rechkunova NI, Ishchenko AA, Saparbaev M, Lavrik OI
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Repair of topoisomerase I covalent complexes in the absence of the tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase Tdp1.
- Authors: Liu C, Pouliot JJ, Nash HA
- Issue date: 2002 Nov 12