AffiliationMolecular Oncology Group, The Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSummary: The promise of personalized medicine is upon us, and in some cancers, targeted therapies are rapidly becoming the mainstay of treatment for selected patients based on their molecular profile. The protein kinase BRAF is a driver oncogene in both thyroid cancer and melanoma, but while drugs that target BRAF and its downstream signaling pathway are effective in melanoma, they are ineffective in thyroid cancer. In this issue of Cancer Discovery, Montero-Conde and colleagues investigate why thyroid cancer is resistant to BRAF inhibitors despite the presence of BRAF mutation. Cancer Discov; 3(5); 487-90. ©2013 AACR.
CitationDeja Vu: EGF Receptors Drive Resistance to BRAF Inhibitors. 2013, 3 (5):487-90 Cancer Discov
- BRAF inhibitors in cancer therapy.
- Authors: Hertzman Johansson C, Egyhazi Brage S
- Issue date: 2014 May
- BRAF as a therapeutic target: a patent review (2006 - 2012).
- Authors: Zambon A, Niculescu-Duvaz D, Niculescu-Duvaz I, Marais R, Springer CJ
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Elevated CRAF as a potential mechanism of acquired resistance to BRAF inhibition in melanoma.
- Authors: Montagut C, Sharma SV, Shioda T, McDermott U, Ulman M, Ulkus LE, Dias-Santagata D, Stubbs H, Lee DY, Singh A, Drew L, Haber DA, Settleman J
- Issue date: 2008 Jun 15
- Reversible and adaptive resistance to BRAF(V600E) inhibition in melanoma.
- Authors: Sun C, Wang L, Huang S, Heynen GJ, Prahallad A, Robert C, Haanen J, Blank C, Wesseling J, Willems SM, Zecchin D, Hobor S, Bajpe PK, Lieftink C, Mateus C, Vagner S, Grernrum W, Hofland I, Schlicker A, Wessels LF, Beijersbergen RL, Bardelli A, Di Nicolantonio F, Eggermont AM, Bernards R
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 3
- Tumor heterogeneity and strategies to overcome kinase inhibitor resistance in cancer: lessons from melanoma.
- Authors: Rebecca VW, Smalley KS
- Issue date: 2011 Feb