90Yttrium-ibritumomab tiuxetan consolidation of first remission in advanced-stage follicular non-hodgkin lymphoma: updated results after a median follow-up of 7.3 years from the international, randomized, phase III first-line indolent trial.
Radford, John A
Van Hoof, A
van Putten, W
AffiliationFranck Morschhauser, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille; Gilles Salles, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Bénite; Pierre Soubeyran, Institut Bergonié, Bordeaux; Herve Tilly, Centre Henri Becquerel, Rouen, France; John Radford, The Christie National Health Service Foundation Trust and The University of Manchester, Manchester; Ama Z.S. Rohatiner, St Bartholomew's Hospital, London, United Kingdom; Achiel Van Hoof, University Hospital St Jan, Brugge, Belgium; Barbara Botto, Azienda Ospedaliera Citta della Salute e delia Scienza, Torino, Italy; Angelika Bischof-Delaloye, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland; Wim L.J. van Putten, Dutch-Belgian Hemato-Oncology Cooperative Group (HOVON) Data Center, Rotterdam; Anton Hagenbeek, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam/HOVON, the Netherlands; and Jelle W. Kylstra, Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Irvine, CA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSEUpdated results are presented after a median follow-up of 7.3 years from the phase III First-Line Indolent Trial of yttrium-90 ((90)Y) -ibritumomab tiuxetan in advanced-stage follicular lymphoma (FL) in first remission. PATIENTS AND METHODSPatients with CD20(+) stage III or IV FL with complete response (CR), unconfirmed CR (CRu), or partial response (PR) after first-line induction treatment were randomly assigned to (90)Y-ibritumomab consolidation therapy (rituximab 250 mg/m(2) days -7 and 0, then (90)Y-ibritumomab 14.8 MBq/kg day 0; maximum 1,184 MBq) or no further treatment (control). Primary end point was progression-free survival (PFS) from date of random assignment.ResultsFor 409 patients available for analysis ((90)Y-ibritumomab, n = 207; control, n = 202), estimated 8-year overall PFS was 41% with (90)Y-ibritumomab versus 22% for control (hazard ratio [HR], 0.47; P < .001). For patients in CR/CRu after induction, 8-year PFS with (90)Y-ibritumomab was 48% versus 32% for control (HR, 0.61; P = .008), and for PR patients, it was 33% versus 10% (HR, 0.38; P < .001). For (90)Y-ibritumomab consolidation, median PFS was 4.1 years (v 1.1 years for control; P < .001). Median time to next treatment (TTNT) was 8.1 years for (90)Y-ibritumomab versus 3.0 years for control (P < .001) with approximately 80% response rates to second-line therapy in either arm, including autologous stem-cell transplantation. No unexpected toxicities emerged during long-term follow-up. Estimated between-group 8-year overall survival rates were similar. Annualized incidence rate of myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloblastic leukemia was 0.50% versus 0.07% in (90)Y-ibritumomab and control groups, respectively (P = .042). CONCLUSION(90)Y-ibritumomab consolidation after achieving PR or CR/CRu to induction confers 3-year benefit in median PFS with durable 19% PFS advantage at 8 years and improves TTNT by 5.1 years for patients with advanced FL.
Citation90Yttrium-ibritumomab tiuxetan consolidation of first remission in advanced-stage follicular non-hodgkin lymphoma: updated results after a median follow-up of 7.3 years from the international, randomized, phase III first-line indolent trial. 2013: J Clin Oncol
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Phase III trial of consolidation therapy with yttrium-90-ibritumomab tiuxetan compared with no additional therapy after first remission in advanced follicular lymphoma.
- Authors: Morschhauser F, Radford J, Van Hoof A, Vitolo U, Soubeyran P, Tilly H, Huijgens PC, Kolstad A, d'Amore F, Gonzalez Diaz M, Petrini M, Sebban C, Zinzani PL, van Oers MH, van Putten W, Bischof-Delaloye A, Rohatiner A, Salles G, Kuhlmann J, Hagenbeek A
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 10
- Randomized controlled trial of yttrium-90-labeled ibritumomab tiuxetan radioimmunotherapy versus rituximab immunotherapy for patients with relapsed or refractory low-grade, follicular, or transformed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Witzig TE, Gordon LI, Cabanillas F, Czuczman MS, Emmanouilides C, Joyce R, Pohlman BL, Bartlett NL, Wiseman GA, Padre N, Grillo-López AJ, Multani P, White CA
- Issue date: 2002 May 15
- Fludarabine and mitoxantrone followed by yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan in previously untreated patients with follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma trial: a phase II non-randomised trial (FLUMIZ).
- Authors: Zinzani PL, Tani M, Pulsoni A, Gobbi M, Perotti A, De Luca S, Fabbri A, Zaccaria A, Voso MT, Fattori P, Guardigni L, Ronconi S, Cabras MG, Rigacci L, De Renzo A, Marchi E, Stefoni V, Fina M, Pellegrini C, Musuraca G, Derenzini E, Pileri S, Fanti S, Piccaluga PP, Baccarani M
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- Yttrium 90-labeled ibritumomab tiuxetan radioimmunotherapy produces high response rates and durable remissions in patients with previously treated B-cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Gordon LI, Witzig T, Molina A, Czuczman M, Emmanouilides C, Joyce R, Vo K, Theuer C, Pohlman B, Bartlett N, Wiseman G, Darif M, White C
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Safety and efficacy of (90) yttrium-ibritumomab-tiuxetan for untreated follicular lymphoma patients. An Italian cooperative study.
- Authors: Ibatici A, Pica GM, Nati S, Vitolo U, Botto B, Ciochetto C, Petrini M, Galimberti S, Ciabatti E, Orciuolo E, Zinzani PL, Cascavilla N, Guolo F, Fraternali Orcioni G, Carella AM
- Issue date: 2014 Mar