Three cytotoxic drugs combined with pelvic radiation and as maintenance chemotherapy for patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the anus (SCCA): long-term follow-up of a phase II pilot study using 5-fluorouracil, mitomycin C and cisplatin.
AffiliationUniversity of Leeds, St. James's Institute of Oncology, Leeds, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhase III trials in the 1990s for squamous cell carcinoma of the anus (SCCA) demonstrated 5-fluorouracil (5FU) and mitomycinC (MMC) chemoradiation (CRT) improved outcome compared to radiation (RT) alone, but local recurrence remained significant. This prospective pilot study intensified treatment by integrating 3 cytotoxic drugs into CRT and maintenance chemotherapy.
CitationThree cytotoxic drugs combined with pelvic radiation and as maintenance chemotherapy for patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the anus (SCCA): long-term follow-up of a phase II pilot study using 5-fluorouracil, mitomycin C and cisplatin. 2012, 104 (2):155-60 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Mitomycin or cisplatin chemoradiation with or without maintenance chemotherapy for treatment of squamous-cell carcinoma of the anus (ACT II): a randomised, phase 3, open-label, 2 × 2 factorial trial.
- Authors: James RD, Glynne-Jones R, Meadows HM, Cunningham D, Myint AS, Saunders MP, Maughan T, McDonald A, Essapen S, Leslie M, Falk S, Wilson C, Gollins S, Begum R, Ledermann J, Kadalayil L, Sebag-Montefiore D
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Phase I study of cetuximab in combination with 5-fluorouracil, mitomycin C and radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced anal cancer.
- Authors: Leon O, Guren MG, Radu C, Gunnlaugsson A, Johnsson A
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Chemoradiotherapy with or without consolidation chemotherapy using cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil in anal squamous cell carcinoma: long-term results in 31 patients.
- Authors: Cho BC, Ahn JB, Seong J, Roh JK, Kim JH, Chung HC, Sohn JH, Kim NK
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 15
- Pilot study of FMC (5-fluorouracil, mitomycin C, and cisplatin) with radiotherapy for patients with anal cancer.
- Authors: Lee IH, Lee SJ, Kang BW, Chae YS, Baek D, Hwang S, Kim HJ, Park SY, Park JS, Choi GS, Kim JC, Kim JG
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Primary chemoradiation therapy with fluorouracil and cisplatin for cancer of the anus: results in 35 consecutive patients.
- Authors: Doci R, Zucali R, La Monica G, Meroni E, Kenda R, Eboli M, Lozza L
- Issue date: 1996 Dec