Rituximab Maintenance Therapy After Autologous Stem-Cell Transplantation in Patients With Relapsed CD20+ Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: Final Analysis of the Collaborative Trial in Relapsed Aggressive Lymphoma.
Singh Gill, D
Radford, John A
AffiliationChristian Gisselbrecht and Josette Brière, Hôpital Saint Louis, Paris;
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSEThe standard treatment for relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) is salvage chemotherapy followed by high-dose therapy and autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT). The impact of maintenance rituximab after ASCT is not known. PATIENTS AND METHODSIn total, 477 patients with CD20(+) DLBCL who were in their first relapse or refractory to initial therapy were randomly assigned to one of two salvage regimens. After three cycles of salvage chemotherapy, the responding patients received high-dose chemotherapy followed by ASCT. Then, 242 patients were randomly assigned to either rituximab every 2 months for 1 year or observation. RESULTS: 46% v 56% for relapsed disease after 12 months), secondary age-adjusted International Prognostic Index (saaIPI) more than 1 (EFS: 37% v 61% for saaIPI < 1), and prior treatment with rituximab (EFS: 47% v 59% for no prior rituximab). A significant difference in EFS between women (63%) and men (46%) was also observed in the rituximab group. In the Cox model for maintenance, the saaIPI was a significant prognostic factor (P < .001), as was male sex (P = .01). CONCLUSIONIn relapsed DLBCL, we observed no difference between the control group and the rituximab maintenance group and do not recommend rituximab after ASCT.
CitationRituximab Maintenance Therapy After Autologous Stem-Cell Transplantation in Patients With Relapsed CD20+ Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: Final Analysis of the Collaborative Trial in Relapsed Aggressive Lymphoma. 2012: J Clin Oncol
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Salvage regimens with autologous transplantation for relapsed large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era.
- Authors: Gisselbrecht C, Glass B, Mounier N, Singh Gill D, Linch DC, Trneny M, Bosly A, Ketterer N, Shpilberg O, Hagberg H, Ma D, Brière J, Moskowitz CH, Schmitz N
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 20
- Impact of prior rituximab on outcomes of autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with relapsed or refractory aggressive B-cell lymphoma: a multicentre retrospective Spanish group of lymphoma/autologous bone marrow transplant study.
- Authors: Redondo AM, Pomares H, Vidal MJ, Pascual MJ, Quereda B, Sancho JM, Polo M, López J, Conde E, Jarque I, Alonso N, Ramírez MJ, Fernández P, Sayas MJ, Requena MJ, Salar A, González JD, González-Barca E, Arranz R, Caballero D, Martín A
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- High-dose therapy and autologous stem cell transplantation in first relapse for diffuse large B cell lymphoma in the rituximab era: an analysis based on data from the European Blood and Marrow Transplantation Registry.
- Authors: Mounier N, Canals C, Gisselbrecht C, Cornelissen J, Foa R, Conde E, Maertens J, Attal M, Rambaldi A, Crawley C, Luan JJ, Brune M, Wittnebel S, Cook G, van Imhoff GW, Pfreundschuh M, Sureda A, Lymphoma Working Party of European Blood and Marrow Transplantation Registry (EBMT).
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Effect of addition of rituximab to salvage chemotherapy on outcome of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma relapsing after an autologous stem-cell transplantation.
- Authors: Calvo-Villas JM, Martín A, Conde E, Pascual A, Heras I, Varela R, de la Rubia J, Ramirez MJ, Díez-Martín JL, Panizo C, Rodríguez-Salazar MJ, Pascual MJ, Donato EM, González-Barca E, Caballero MD, Grupo Español de Linfomas/Trasplante Autólogo de Médula Ósea (GEL/TAMO cooperative group).
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Ofatumumab Versus Rituximab Salvage Chemoimmunotherapy in Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: The ORCHARRD Study.
- Authors: van Imhoff GW, McMillan A, Matasar MJ, Radford J, Ardeshna KM, Kuliczkowski K, Kim W, Hong X, Goerloev JS, Davies A, Barrigón MDC, Ogura M, Leppä S, Fennessy M, Liao Q, van der Holt B, Lisby S, Hagenbeek A
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 10