Dose distribution for dental cone beam CT and its implication for defining a dose index.
AffiliationDepartment of Oral Health Sciences, Leuven, Belgium.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo characterize the dose distribution for a range of cone beam CT (CBCT) units, investigating different field of view sizes, central and off-axis geometries, full or partial rotations of the X-ray tube and different clinically applied beam qualities. The implications of the dose distributions on the definition and practicality of a CBCT dose index were assessed.
CitationDose distribution for dental cone beam CT and its implication for defining a dose index. 2012, 41 (7):583-93 Dentomaxillofac Radiol
- Using GafChromic film to estimate the effective dose from dental cone beam CT and panoramic radiography.
- Authors: Al-Okshi A, Nilsson M, Petersson A, Wiese M, Lindh C
- Issue date: 2013
- Effective radiation dose and eye lens dose in dental cone beam CT: effect of field of view and angle of rotation.
- Authors: Pauwels R, Zhang G, Theodorakou C, Walker A, Bosmans H, Jacobs R, Bogaerts R, Horner K, SEDENTEXCT Project Consortium.
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Effective dose from cone beam CT examinations in dentistry.
- Authors: Roberts JA, Drage NA, Davies J, Thomas DW
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Evaluation of various approaches for assessing dose indicators and patient organ doses resulting from radiotherapy cone-beam CT.
- Authors: Rampado O, Giglioli FR, Rossetti V, Fiandra C, Ragona R, Ropolo R
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Dose measurements for dental cone-beam CT: a comparison with MSCT and panoramic imaging.
- Authors: Deman P, Atwal P, Duzenli C, Thakur Y, Ford NL
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 21