Dose distribution for dental cone beam CT and its implication for defining a dose index.
AffiliationDepartment of Oral Health Sciences, Leuven, Belgium.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo characterize the dose distribution for a range of cone beam CT (CBCT) units, investigating different field of view sizes, central and off-axis geometries, full or partial rotations of the X-ray tube and different clinically applied beam qualities. The implications of the dose distributions on the definition and practicality of a CBCT dose index were assessed.
CitationDose distribution for dental cone beam CT and its implication for defining a dose index. 2012, 41 (7):583-93 Dentomaxillofac Radiol
- Dose measurements for dental cone-beam CT: a comparison with MSCT and panoramic imaging.
- Authors: Deman P, Atwal P, Duzenli C, Thakur Y, Ford NL
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 21
- Using GafChromic film to estimate the effective dose from dental cone beam CT and panoramic radiography.
- Authors: Al-Okshi A, Nilsson M, Petersson A, Wiese M, Lindh C
- Issue date: 2013
- Effective dose from cone beam CT examinations in dentistry.
- Authors: Roberts JA, Drage NA, Davies J, Thomas DW
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Significant reduction in dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) eye dose through the use of leaded glasses.
- Authors: Prins R, Dauer LT, Colosi DC, Quinn B, Kleiman NJ, Bohle GC, Holohan B, Al-Najjar A, Fernandez T, Bonvento M, Faber RD, Ching H, Goren AD
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Effective radiation dose and eye lens dose in dental cone beam CT: effect of field of view and angle of rotation.
- Authors: Pauwels R, Zhang G, Theodorakou C, Walker A, Bosmans H, Jacobs R, Bogaerts R, Horner K, SEDENTEXCT Project Consortium.
- Issue date: 2014 Oct