ETV2 expression marks blood and endothelium precursors, including hemogenic endothelium, at the onset of blood development.
AffiliationCancer Research UK Stem Cell Hematopoiesis Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractETV2 has been identified as an important player in embryonic hematopoiesis. However, the cell populations in which this transcription factor is expressed and operates during blood specification remain to be fully characterized. Here we address these issues using ES cells and a transgenic mouse line expressing green fluorescent protein (GFP) under the control of ETV2 regulatory elements, allowing us to observe the tight association between ETV2 expression and the initiation of hematopoiesis.
CitationETV2 expression marks blood and endothelium precursors, including hemogenic endothelium, at the onset of blood development. 2012, 241 (9):1454-64 Dev Dyn
- Endothelialization and altered hematopoiesis by persistent Etv2 expression in mice.
- Authors: Hayashi M, Pluchinotta M, Momiyama A, Tanaka Y, Nishikawa S, Kataoka H
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- The Hemogenic Competence of Endothelial Progenitors Is Restricted by Runx1 Silencing during Embryonic Development.
- Authors: Eliades A, Wareing S, Marinopoulou E, Fadlullah MZH, Patel R, Grabarek JB, Plusa B, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 7
- Region-specific Etv2 ablation revealed the critical origin of hemogenic capacity from Hox6-positive caudal-lateral primitive mesoderm.
- Authors: Kataoka H, Hayashi M, Kobayashi K, Ding G, Tanaka Y, Nishikawa S
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Discordant developmental waves of angioblasts and hemangioblasts in the early gastrulating mouse embryo.
- Authors: Furuta C, Ema H, Takayanagi S, Ogaeri T, Okamura D, Matsui Y, Nakauchi H
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Etv2/ER71 induces vascular mesoderm from Flk1+PDGFRα+ primitive mesoderm.
- Authors: Kataoka H, Hayashi M, Nakagawa R, Tanaka Y, Izumi N, Nishikawa S, Jakt ML, Tarui H, Nishikawa S
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 22