Outcomes of small-cell lung cancer patients treated with second-line chemotherapy: a multi-institutional retrospective analysis.
AuthorsGarassino, M C
Lo Dico, M
La Verde, N
Blackhall, Fiona H
Lorigan, Paul C
AffiliationOncology Department, Ospedale Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milano, Italy.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatients with small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) that progress after first-line chemotherapy have a poor prognosis and the evidence of a benefit from second-line (SL) chemotherapy is limited. Patients relapsing or progressing more than 90 days after completion of first-line treatment are considered platinum sensitive and may be rechallenged with platinum-based chemotherapy. Topotecan is approved as SL treatment independent of time to progression. This retrospective analysis evaluates the clinical outcomes of SCLC patients who received SL chemotherapy after platinum-etoposide chemotherapy.
CitationOutcomes of small-cell lung cancer patients treated with second-line chemotherapy: a multi-institutional retrospective analysis. 2011, 72 (3):378-83 Lung Cancer
- Outcomes of Platinum-Sensitive Small-Cell Lung Cancer Patients Treated With Platinum/Etoposide Rechallenge: A Multi-Institutional Retrospective Analysis.
- Authors: Genestreti G, Tiseo M, Kenmotsu H, Kazushige W, Di Battista M, Cavallo G, Carloni F, Bongiovanni A, Burgio MA, Casanova C, Metro G, Scarpi E, Korkmaz T, Selcuk S, Roopa K, Califano R
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Topotecan-carboplatin-etoposide combination as 1st line treatment in patients with small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Zarogoulidis K, Mylonaki E, Kakavelas P, Zarogoulidis P, Tsiouda T, Rapti E, Lithoxopoulou H, Zarogoulidou V, Kontakiotis T, Hellenic Pulmonary Oncology Study Group (HE.P.O.G.).
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- A phase II study of amrubicin and topotecan combination therapy in patients with relapsed or extensive-disease small-cell lung cancer: Okayama Lung Cancer Study Group Trial 0401.
- Authors: Nogami N, Hotta K, Kuyama S, Kiura K, Takigawa N, Chikamori K, Shibayama T, Kishino D, Hosokawa S, Tamaoki A, Harita S, Tabata M, Ueoka H, Shinkai T, Tanimoto M
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Topotecan and etoposide as first-line therapy for extensive disease small cell lung cancer: a phase II trial of a platinum-free regimen.
- Authors: Reck M, Groth G, Buchholz E, Goetz E, Gatzemeier U, Manegold C
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- The occurrence of hyponatremia in SCLC and the influence on prognosis: a retrospective study of 453 patients treated in a single institution in a 10-year period.
- Authors: Hansen O, Sørensen P, Hansen KH
- Issue date: 2010 Apr