A randomised study evaluating the use of pyridoxine to avoid capecitabine dose modifications.
AffiliationOncology Division, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPyridoxine is frequently used to treat capecitabine-induced hand-foot syndrome (HFS), although the evidence of benefit is lacking. We performed a randomised placebo-controlled trial to determine whether pyridoxine could avoid the need for capecitabine dose modifications and improve outcomes.
CitationA randomised study evaluating the use of pyridoxine to avoid capecitabine dose modifications. 2012, 107 (4):585-7 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Pyridoxine is not effective to prevent hand-foot syndrome associated with capecitabine therapy: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Authors: Kang YK, Lee SS, Yoon DH, Lee SY, Chun YJ, Kim MS, Ryu MH, Chang HM, Lee JL, Kim TW
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 20
- The Effect of Pyridoxine for Prevention of Hand-Foot Syndrome in Colorectal Cancer Patients with Adjuvant Chemotherapy Using Capecitabine: A Randomized Study.
- Authors: Ota M, Tatsumi K, Suwa H, Watanabe J, Watanabe K, Osada S, Tanaka K, Shoichi F, Ichikawa Y, Kunisaki C, Endo I
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Impact of prophylactic pyridoxine on occurrence of hand-foot syndrome in patients receiving capecitabine for advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
- Authors: Yoshimoto N, Yamashita T, Fujita T, Hayashi H, Tsunoda N, Kimura M, Tsuzuki N, Yamashita H, Toyama T, Kondo N, Iwata H
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Predictors of Hand-Foot Syndrome and Pyridoxine for Prevention of Capecitabine-Induced Hand-Foot Syndrome: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Yap YS, Kwok LL, Syn N, Chay WY, Chia JWK, Tham CK, Wong NS, Lo SK, Dent RA, Tan S, Mok ZY, Koh KX, Toh HC, Koo WH, Loh M, Ng RCH, Choo SP, Soong RCT
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 1
- Randomized trial of two different doses of pyridoxine in the prevention of capecitabine-associated palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia.
- Authors: Chalermchai T, Tantiphlachiva K, Suwanrusme H, Voravud N, Sriuranpong V
- Issue date: 2010 Sep