Enhanced stability of microRNA expression facilitates classification of FFPE tumour samples exhibiting near total mRNA degradation.
AuthorsHall, J S
Valentine, Helen R
Irlam, Joely J
Hoskin, P J
Miller, Crispin J
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationTranslational Radiobiology Group, School of Cancer and Enabling Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, The University of Manchester, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs degradation of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) samples limits the ability to profile mRNA expression, we explored factors predicting the success of mRNA expression profiling of FFPE material and investigated an approach to overcome the limitation.
CitationEnhanced stability of microRNA expression facilitates classification of FFPE tumour samples exhibiting near total mRNA degradation. 2012, 107 (4):684-94 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Exon-array profiling unlocks clinically and biologically relevant gene signatures from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tumour samples.
- Authors: Hall JS, Leong HS, Armenoult LS, Newton GE, Valentine HR, Irlam JJ, Möller-Levet C, Sikand KA, Pepper SD, Miller CJ, West CM
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 15
- Differential long-term stability of microRNAs and RNU6B snRNA in 12-20 year old archived formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded specimens.
- Authors: Peskoe SB, Barber JR, Zheng Q, Meeker AK, De Marzo AM, Platz EA, Lupold SE
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 6
- Gene expression profiles of gliomas in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded material.
- Authors: Gravendeel LA, de Rooi JJ, Eilers PH, van den Bent MJ, Sillevis Smitt PA, French PJ
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 31
- miRNA Profiling of Hungarian Regressive Wilms' Tumor Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) Samples by Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR).
- Authors: Buglyó G, Magyar Z, Romicsné Görbe É, Bánusz R, Csóka M, Micsik T, Mezei M, Yani JAS, Varga P, Sápi Z, Nagy B
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 5
- Whole-genome gene expression profiling of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue samples.
- Authors: April C, Klotzle B, Royce T, Wickham-Garcia E, Boyaniwsky T, Izzo J, Cox D, Jones W, Rubio R, Holton K, Matulonis U, Quackenbush J, Fan JB
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 3