Phase I study of the Aurora B kinase inhibitor barasertib (AZD1152) to assess the pharmacokinetics, metabolism and excretion in patients with acute myeloid leukemia.
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBarasertib (AZD1152) is a pro-drug that rapidly undergoes phosphatase-mediated cleavage in serum to release barasertib-hQPA, a selective Aurora B kinase inhibitor that has shown preliminary activity in clinical studies of patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). The pharmacokinetic (PK), metabolic and excretion profiles of barasertib and barasertib-hQPA were characterized in this open-label Phase I study.
CitationPhase I study of the Aurora B kinase inhibitor barasertib (AZD1152) to assess the pharmacokinetics, metabolism and excretion in patients with acute myeloid leukemia. 2012, 70 (3):461-9 Cancer Chemother Pharmacol
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- P-glycoprotein and breast cancer resistance protein in acute myeloid leukaemia cells treated with the aurora-B kinase inhibitor barasertib-hQPA.
- Authors: Grundy M, Seedhouse C, Russell NH, Pallis M
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 16
- Phase I study of barasertib (AZD1152), a selective inhibitor of Aurora B kinase, in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Authors: Schwartz GK, Carvajal RD, Midgley R, Rodig SJ, Stockman PK, Ataman O, Wilson D, Das S, Shapiro GI
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Phase 1/2 study to assess the safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetics of barasertib (AZD1152) in patients with advanced acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Löwenberg B, Muus P, Ossenkoppele G, Rousselot P, Cahn JY, Ifrah N, Martinelli G, Amadori S, Berman E, Sonneveld P, Jongen-Lavrencic M, Rigaudeau S, Stockman P, Goudie A, Faderl S, Jabbour E, Kantarjian H
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 1
- Stage I of a phase 2 study assessing the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of barasertib (AZD1152) versus low-dose cytosine arabinoside in elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Kantarjian HM, Martinelli G, Jabbour EJ, Quintás-Cardama A, Ando K, Bay JO, Wei A, Gröpper S, Papayannidis C, Owen K, Pike L, Schmitt N, Stockman PK, Giagounidis A, SPARK-AML1 Investigators.
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 15
- Phase I study assessing the safety and tolerability of barasertib (AZD1152) with low-dose cytosine arabinoside in elderly patients with AML.
- Authors: Kantarjian HM, Sekeres MA, Ribrag V, Rousselot P, Garcia-Manero G, Jabbour EJ, Owen K, Stockman PK, Oliver SD
- Issue date: 2013 Oct