Classification of and cytoreductive surgery for low-grade appendiceal mucinous neoplasms.
AuthorsMcDonald, J R
O'Dwyer, Sarah T
Sikand, Kanwal A
Fulford, Paul E
Wilson, Malcolm S
Renehan, Andrew G
AffiliationPeritoneal Tumour Service, Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLow-grade appendiceal mucinous neoplasm (LAMN) is a precursor lesion for pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP), which, if treated suboptimally, may later disseminate throughout the abdominal cavity. The role of cytoreductive surgery for these relatively early lesions is unclear.
CitationClassification of and cytoreductive surgery for low-grade appendiceal mucinous neoplasms. 2012, 99 (7):987-92 Br J Surg
JournalBritish Journal of Surgery
- Clinical Surveillance After Macroscopically Complete Surgery for Low-Grade Appendiceal Mucinous Neoplasms (LAMN) with or Without Limited Peritoneal Spread: Long-Term Results in a Prospective Series.
- Authors: Guaglio M, Sinukumar S, Kusamura S, Milione M, Pietrantonio F, Battaglia L, Guadagni S, Baratti D, Deraco M
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Strategies for Preventing Pseudomyxoma Peritonei After Resection of a Mucinous Neoplasm of the Appendix.
- Authors: Honoré C, Caruso F, Dartigues P, Benhaim L, Chirica M, Goéré D, Elias D
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- [Prognostic value of clinical and pathological characteristics in 48 women with pseudomyxoma peritonei].
- Authors: Lu YY, Guo AT, Liu AJ, Shi HY
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Appendiceal neoplasms and pseudomyxoma peritonei: a population based study.
- Authors: Smeenk RM, van Velthuysen ML, Verwaal VJ, Zoetmulder FA
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Computed Tomography Follow-Up Assessment of Patients with Low-Grade Appendiceal Mucinous Neoplasms: Evaluation of Risk for Pseudomyxoma Peritonei.
- Authors: Tiselius C, Kindler C, Shetye J, Letocha H, Smedh K
- Issue date: 2017 Jul