Ofatumumab monotherapy in rituximab-refractory follicular lymphoma: results from a multicenter study.
Radford, John A
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNew treatments are required for rituximab-refractory follicular lymphoma (FL). In the present study, patients with rituximab-refractory FL received 8 weekly infusions of ofatumumab (CD20 mAb; dose 1, 300 mg and doses 2-8, 500 or 1000 mg; N = 116). The median age of these patients was 61 years, 47% had high-risk Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index scores, 65% were chemotherapy-refractory, and the median number of prior therapies was 4. The overall response rate was 13% and 10% for the 500-mg and 1000-mg arms, respectively. Among 27 patients refractory to rituximab monotherapy, the overall response rate was 22%. The median progression-free survival was 5.8 months. Forty-six percent of patients demonstrated tumor reduction 3 months after therapy initiation, and the median progression-free survival for these patients was 9.1 months. The most common adverse events included infections, rash, urticaria, fatigue, and pruritus. Three patients experienced grade 3 infusion-related reactions, none of which were considered serious events. Grade 3-4 neutropenia, leukopenia, anemia, and thrombocytopenia occurred in a subset of patients. Ofatumumab was well tolerated and modestly active in this heavily pretreated, rituximab-refractory population and is therefore now being studied in less refractory FL and in combination with other agents in various B-cell neoplasms. The present study was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00394836.
CitationOfatumumab monotherapy in rituximab-refractory follicular lymphoma: results from a multicenter study. 2012, 119 (16):3698-704 Blood
- First clinical use of ofatumumab, a novel fully human anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody in relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma: results of a phase 1/2 trial.
- Authors: Hagenbeek A, Gadeberg O, Johnson P, Pedersen LM, Walewski J, Hellmann A, Link BK, Robak T, Wojtukiewicz M, Pfreundschuh M, Kneba M, Engert A, Sonneveld P, Flensburg M, Petersen J, Losic N, Radford J
- Issue date: 2008 Jun 15
- Rituximab: a review of its use in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
- Authors: Plosker GL, Figgitt DP
- Issue date: 2003
- Bortezomib plus rituximab versus rituximab alone in patients with relapsed, rituximab-naive or rituximab-sensitive, follicular lymphoma: a randomised phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Coiffier B, Osmanov EA, Hong X, Scheliga A, Mayer J, Offner F, Rule S, Teixeira A, Walewski J, de Vos S, Crump M, Shpilberg O, Esseltine DL, Zhu E, Enny C, Theocharous P, van de Velde H, Elsayed YA, Zinzani PL, LYM-3001 study investigators.
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- A phase I/II study of galiximab (an anti-CD80 monoclonal antibody) in combination with rituximab for relapsed or refractory, follicular lymphoma.
- Authors: Leonard JP, Friedberg JW, Younes A, Fisher D, Gordon LI, Moore J, Czuczman M, Miller T, Stiff P, Cheson BD, Forero-Torres A, Chieffo N, McKinney B, Finucane D, Molina A
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Rituximab monotherapy with eight weekly infusions for relapsed or refractory patients with indolent B cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma mostly pretreated with rituximab: a multicenter phase II study.
- Authors: Tobinai K, Igarashi T, Itoh K, Kurosawa M, Nagai H, Hiraoka A, Kinoshita T, Uike N, Ogura M, Nawano S, Mori S, Ohashi Y, IDEC-C2B8 Study Group.
- Issue date: 2011 Sep