Balancing the efficacy and toxicity of chemotherapy in colorectal cancer.
AffiliationConsultant, Department of Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs the therapeutic options for the treatment of colorectal cancer have expanded over the past 20 years, so has the complexity of decision making. The goals of treatment in the palliative, adjuvant and neoadjuvant settings vary and it is not only the efficacy of drugs that influence treatment decisions. Age, performance status, the presence of significant comorbidities and the different treatment regimens and strategies provide medical oncologists with an array of options to attempt to maximize patients' quality of life and longevity.
CitationBalancing the efficacy and toxicity of chemotherapy in colorectal cancer. 2011, 3 (1):43-52 Ther Adv Med Oncol
JournalTherapeutic Advances in Medical Oncology
- Chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer.
- Authors: Wagner AD, Syn NL, Moehler M, Grothe W, Yong WP, Tai BC, Ho J, Unverzagt S
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 29
- KRAS Testing for Anti-EGFR Therapy in Advanced Colorectal Cancer: An Evidence-Based and Economic Analysis.
- Authors: Medical Advisory Secretariat.
- Issue date: 2010
- Management of colorectal cancer in elderly patients: focus on the cost of chemotherapy.
- Authors: Matasar MJ, Sundararajan V, Grann VR, Neugut AI
- Issue date: 2004
- The use of irinotecan, oxaliplatin and raltitrexed for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation.
- Authors: Hind D, Tappenden P, Tumur I, Eggington S, Sutcliffe P, Ryan A
- Issue date: 2008 May
- 3-month versus 6-month adjuvant chemotherapy for patients with high-risk stage II and III colorectal cancer: 3-year follow-up of the SCOT non-inferiority RCT.
- Authors: Iveson T, Boyd KA, Kerr RS, Robles-Zurita J, Saunders MP, Briggs AH, Cassidy J, Hollander NH, Tabernero J, Haydon A, Glimelius B, Harkin A, Allan K, McQueen J, Pearson S, Waterston A, Medley L, Wilson C, Ellis R, Essapen S, Dhadda AS, Harrison M, Falk S, Raouf S, Rees C, Olesen RK, Propper D, Bridgewater J, Azzabi A, Farrugia D, Webb A, Cunningham D, Hickish T, Weaver A, Gollins S, Wasan H, Paul J
- Issue date: 2019 Dec