A phase 1 trial of recombinant human IL-21 in combination with cetuximab in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
Saunders, Mark P
AffiliationCRUK Clinical Trials Unit, Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre, 1053 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 0YN, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPre-clinical data indicate enhanced anti-tumour activity when combining recombinant human interleukin-21 (rIL-21), a class 1 cytokine, with cetuximab, a monoclonal antibody, targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor. This phase 1 trial assessed the safety and tolerability of escalating doses of rIL-21 in combination with cetuximab in chemo-naïve patients with stage IV colorectal cancer.
CitationA phase 1 trial of recombinant human IL-21 in combination with cetuximab in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. 2012, 106 (5):793-8 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Cetuximab and irinotecan/5-fluorouracil/folinic acid is a safe combination for the first-line treatment of patients with epidermal growth factor receptor expressing metastatic colorectal carcinoma.
- Authors: Folprecht G, Lutz MP, Schöffski P, Seufferlein T, Nolting A, Pollert P, Köhne CH
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- A phase II trial of FOLFOX6 and cetuximab in the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Boccia RV, Cosgriff TM, Headley DL, Badarinath S, Dakhil SR
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Biweekly cetuximab plus irinotecan as second-line chemotherapy for patients with irinotecan-refractory and KRAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer according to epidermal growth factor receptor expression status.
- Authors: Kang MJ, Hong YS, Kim KP, Kim SY, Baek JY, Ryu MH, Lee JL, Chang HM, Kim MJ, Chang HJ, Kang YK, Kim TW
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- A phase 1b study of the MET inhibitor capmatinib combined with cetuximab in patients with MET-positive colorectal cancer who had progressed following anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody treatment.
- Authors: Delord JP, Argilés G, Fayette J, Wirth L, Kasper S, Siena S, Mesia R, Berardi R, Cervantes A, Dekervel J, Zhao S, Sun Y, Hao HX, Tiedt R, Vicente S, Myers A, Siu LL
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Cetuximab in combination with irinotecan/5-fluorouracil/folinic acid (FOLFIRI) in the initial treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: a multicentre two-part phase I/II study.
- Authors: Raoul JL, Van Laethem JL, Peeters M, Brezault C, Husseini F, Cals L, Nippgen J, Loos AH, Rougier P
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 14