Final results of a multicenter phase 1 study of lenalidomide in patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Moutouh-de Parseval, L
AffiliationDepartment I of Internal Medicine, Center of Integrated Oncology (CIO), CECAD, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBased on clinical activity in phase 2 studies, lenalidomide was evaluated in a phase 2/3 study in patients with relapsed/refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Following tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) complications, the protocol was amended to a phase 1 study to identify the maximum tolerated dose-escalation level (MTDEL). Fifty-two heavily pretreated patients, 69% with bulky disease and 48% with high-risk genomic abnormalities, initiated lenalidomide at 2.5 mg/day, with dose escalation until the MTDEL or the maximum assigned dose was attained. Lenalidomide was safely titrated to 20 mg/day; the MTDEL was not reached. Most common grade 3-4 adverse events were neutropenia and thrombocytopenia; TLS was mild and rare. The low starting dose and conservative dose escalation strategy resulted in six partial responders and 30 patients obtaining stable disease. In summary, lenalidomide 2.5 mg/day is a safe starting dose that can be titrated up to 20 mg/day in patients with CLL.
CitationFinal results of a multicenter phase 1 study of lenalidomide in patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia. 2012, 53 (3):417-23 Leuk Lymphoma
JournalLeukemia & Lymphoma
- Phase II study of lenalidomide and rituximab as salvage therapy for patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Authors: Badoux XC, Keating MJ, Wen S, Wierda WG, O'Brien SM, Faderl S, Sargent R, Burger JA, Ferrajoli A
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 10
- Sequential ofatumumab and lenalidomide for the treatment of relapsed and refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia and small lymphocytic lymphoma.
- Authors: Costa LJ, Fanning SR, Stephenson J Jr, Afrin LB, Kistner-Griffin E, Bentz TA, Stuart RK
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Safety and efficacy of different lenalidomide starting doses in patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia: results of an international multicenter double-blinded randomized phase II trial.
- Authors: Wendtner CM, Hallek M, Fraser GA, Michallet AS, Hillmen P, Dürig J, Kalaycio M, Gribben JG, Stilgenbauer S, Buhler A, Kipps TJ, Purse B, Zhang J, De Bedout S, Mei J, Chanan-Khan A
- Issue date: 2016
- Reduced occurrence of tumor flare with flavopiridol followed by combined flavopiridol and lenalidomide in patients with relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
- Authors: Maddocks K, Wei L, Rozewski D, Jiang Y, Zhao Y, Adusumilli M, Pierceall WE, Doykin C, Cardone MH, Jones JA, Flynn J, Andritsos LA, Grever MR, Byrd JC, Johnson AJ, Phelps MA, Blum KA
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Clinical efficacy of lenalidomide in patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia: results of a phase II study.
- Authors: Chanan-Khan A, Miller KC, Musial L, Lawrence D, Padmanabhan S, Takeshita K, Porter CW, Goodrich DW, Bernstein ZP, Wallace P, Spaner D, Mohr A, Byrne C, Hernandez-Ilizaliturri F, Chrystal C, Starostik P, Czuczman MS
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 1