Development of an advanced database for clinical trials integrated with an electronic patient record system.
AuthorsNewsham, A C
Leahy, Michael G
Smith, A B
Donnelly, A M
Selby, P J
Fisher, S E
AffiliationCancer Research UK Clinical Centre, University of Leeds, St James's Institute of Oncology, Beckett Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 7TF, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSecondary use of patient databases is essential in healthcare if clinical trials are to progress efficiently to planned time and target and imperative if the planned UK expansion of research and development (R&D) at point of care is to be achieved. Integration of effective databases primarily designed to facilitate patient care with R&D requirements is needed but represents a complex challenge. We present a system that achieves an integrated approach with online management of complex datasets for clinical trials within care records using a specific study as an example to show functionality in practice; illustrating how this system provides an ideal resource to meet the needs of both clinicians and researchers.
CitationDevelopment of an advanced database for clinical trials integrated with an electronic patient record system. 2011, 41 (8):575-86 Comput. Biol. Med.
JournalComputers in Biology and Medicine
- Electronic data-capturing technology for clinical trials: experience with a global postmarketing study.
- Authors: Lu Z
- Issue date: 2010 Mar-Apr
- Exploiting the potential of large databases of electronic health records for research using rapid search algorithms and an intuitive query interface.
- Authors: Tate AR, Beloff N, Al-Radwan B, Wickson J, Puri S, Williams T, Van Staa T, Bleach A
- Issue date: 2014 Mar-Apr
- User needs and requirements analysis for big data healthcare applications.
- Authors: Zillner S, Lasierra N, Faix W, Neururer S
- Issue date: 2014
- REDLetr: Workflow and tools to support the migration of legacy clinical data capture systems to REDCap.
- Authors: Dunn WD Jr, Cobb J, Levey AI, Gutman DA
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- A web-based tool for patients cohorts and Clinical Trials management.
- Authors: Fraccaro P, Giacomini M
- Issue date: 2012