Long-term safety of growth hormone replacement after CNS irradiation.
AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology, The Christie, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRadiotherapy is a central component in the treatment of many brain tumors, but long-term sequelae include GH deficiency and increased risk of secondary neoplasms. It is unclear whether replacement therapy with GH (GHRT) further increases this risk.
CitationLong-term safety of growth hormone replacement after CNS irradiation. 2011, 96 (9):2756-61 J Clin Endocrinol Metab
JournalJournal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Comparing progression of non-functioning pituitary adenomas in hypopituitarism patients with and without long-term GH replacement therapy.
- Authors: Olsson DS, Buchfelder M, Schlaffer S, Bengtsson BA, Jakobsson KE, Johannsson G, Nilsson AG
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- Long-term effects of growth hormone replacement therapy on liver function in adult patients with growth hormone deficiency.
- Authors: Matsumoto R, Fukuoka H, Iguchi G, Nishizawa H, Bando H, Suda K, Takahashi M, Takahashi Y
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Tumour recurrence and enlargement in patients with craniopharyngioma with and without GH replacement therapy during more than 10 years of follow-up.
- Authors: Olsson DS, Buchfelder M, Wiendieck K, Kremenevskaja N, Bengtsson BÅ, Jakobsson KE, Jarfelt M, Johannsson G, Nilsson AG
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Effects of 18-month of growth hormone (GH) replacement therapy in patients with Sheehan's syndrome.
- Authors: Tanriverdi F, Unluhizarci K, Kula M, Guven M, Bayram F, Kelestimur F
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Impaired longitudinal myocardial velocities in patients with growth hormone deficiency improves after hormone replacement therapy.
- Authors: Ozdogru I, Tanriverdi F, Dogan A, Kaya MG, Tugrul Inanc M, Kalay N, Topsakal R, Unluhizarci K, Atmaca H, Kemal Eryol N, Kelestimur F
- Issue date: 2007 Sep