Influence of co-morbidity on renal function assessment by Cockcroft-Gault calculation in lung cancer and mesothelioma patients receiving platinum-based chemotherapy.
AffiliationDept Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCreatinine clearance (CrCl) estimation by Cockcroft-Gault calculation (CG) often replaces measurement of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) by [(51)Cr]-ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid clearance (EDTA). Co-morbidity, age, and renal impairment influence the accuracy of CG, whilst the relationship between CG and EDTA has been poorly assessed in lung cancer patients, a population significantly affected by these covariates.
CitationInfluence of co-morbidity on renal function assessment by Cockcroft-Gault calculation in lung cancer and mesothelioma patients receiving platinum-based chemotherapy. 2011, 73 (3):356-60 Lung Cancer
- Assessing glomerular filtration rate in healthy Indian adults: a comparison of various prediction equations.
- Authors: Mahajan S, Mukhiya GK, Singh R, Tiwari SC, Kalra V, Bhowmik DM, Gupta S, Agarwal SK, Dash SC
- Issue date: 2005 May-Jun
- What is the most appropriate formula to use in estimating glomerular filtration rate in adult Arabs without kidney disease?
- Authors: Al-Khader AA, Tamim H, Sulaiman MH, Jondeby MS, Taher S, Hejaili FF, Ghamdi G, Flaiw A, Hakami A
- Issue date: 2008
- Estimation of renal function in subjects with normal serum creatinine levels: influence of age and body mass index.
- Authors: Verhave JC, Fesler P, Ribstein J, du Cailar G, Mimran A
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Occult renal impairment is common in patients with peripheral vascular disease and normal serum creatinine.
- Authors: Rashid ST, Salman M, Agarwal S, Hamilton G
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Renal function in older hospital patients is more accurately estimated using the Cockcroft-Gault formula than the modification diet in renal disease formula.
- Authors: Péquignot R, Belmin J, Chauvelier S, Gaubert JY, Konrat C, Duron E, Hanon O
- Issue date: 2009 Sep