Evidence of simian virus 40 infection in multiple organ transplant recipients with renal dysfunction.
AffiliationHuman Viral Vaccine Department, Razi Vaccine & Serum Research Institute, Hesarak, Karaj, Iran.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractElectron microscopy (EM), real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and conventional PCR were used to identify viruses associated with infection in 2 transplantation patients. An autologous haematopoietic stem cell, liver and renal transplant recipient was found to be positive for simian virus 40 (SV40). Dual BK virus and SV40 infection was found in a heart and renal transplantation patient. SV40 infection can occur in immunocompromised patients.
CitationEvidence of simian virus 40 infection in multiple organ transplant recipients with renal dysfunction. 2011, 43 (9):736-41 Scand J Infect Dis
JournalScandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases
- Testing for polyomavirus type BK DNA in plasma to identify renal-allograft recipients with viral nephropathy.
- Authors: Nickeleit V, Klimkait T, Binet IF, Dalquen P, Del Zenero V, Thiel G, Mihatsch MJ, Hirsch HH
- Issue date: 2000 May 4
- Detection of SV40 in colon cancer: a molecular case-control study from northeast Italy.
- Authors: Campello C, Comar M, Zanotta N, Minicozzi A, Rodella L, Poli A
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- BKV QPCR detection and infection monitoring in renal transplant recipients.
- Authors: Mischitelli M, Fioriti D, Anzivino E, Bellizzi A, Ferretti G, Gussman N, Mitterhofer AP, Tinti F, Barile M, Dal Maso M, Chiarini F, Pietropaolo V
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- [Investigation of BK and JC virus DNA positivities by real-time polymerase chain reaction in the clinical samples of patients with high risk].
- Authors: Rota S, Fidan K, Bozdayı G, Dalgıç A, Fidan I, Sucak G, Müderris T
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of BK virus and monitoring of BK nephropathy in renal transplant recipients at the University Hospital La Fe.
- Authors: Vera-Sempere FJ, Rubio L, Moreno-Baylach MJ, García A, Prieto M, Camañas A, Mayordomo F, Sánchez-Plumed J, Beneyto I, Ramos D, Zamora I, Simón J
- Issue date: 2005 Nov