GDC-0941 inhibits metastatic characteristics of thyroid carcinomas by targeting both the phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K) and hypoxia-inducible factor-1α (HIF-1α) pathways.
AffiliationHypoxia and Therapeutics Group, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) regulates the transcription factor hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) in thyroid carcinoma cells. Both pathways are associated with aggressive phenotype in thyroid carcinomas.
CitationGDC-0941 inhibits metastatic characteristics of thyroid carcinomas by targeting both the phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K) and hypoxia-inducible factor-1α (HIF-1α) pathways. 2011, 96 (12):E1934-43 J Clin Endocrinol Metab
JournalJournal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Inhibiting the phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase pathway blocks radiation-induced metastasis associated with Rho-GTPase and Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 activity.
- Authors: Burrows N, Telfer B, Brabant G, Williams KJ
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha in thyroid carcinomas.
- Authors: Burrows N, Resch J, Cowen RL, von Wasielewski R, Hoang-Vu C, West CM, Williams KJ, Brabant G
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) and PI3K-related kinase (PIKK) activity contributes to radioresistance in thyroid carcinomas.
- Authors: Burrows N, Williams J, Telfer BA, Resch J, Valentine HR, Fitzmaurice RJ, Eustace A, Irlam J, Rowling EJ, Hoang-Vu C, West CM, Brabant G, Williams KJ
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 27
- Effects of ras and von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) gene mutations on hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1alpha, HIF-2alpha, and vascular endothelial growth factor expression and their regulation by the phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/Akt signaling pathway.
- Authors: Blancher C, Moore JW, Robertson N, Harris AL
- Issue date: 2001 Oct 1
- Effects of YC-1 on hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha in hypoxic human bladder transitional carcinoma cell line T24 cells.
- Authors: Li Y, Zhao X, Tang H, Zhong Z, Zhang L, Xu R, Li S, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2012