Guidelines for the management of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine (including carcinoid) tumours (NETs).
Valle, Juan W
AffiliationBasingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Aldermaston Road, Basingstoke RG24 9NA, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThese guidelines update previous guidance published in 2005. They have been revised by a group who are members of the UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society with endorsement from the clinical committees of the British Society of Gastroenterology, the Society for Endocrinology, the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (and its Surgical Specialty Associations), the British Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology and others. The authorship represents leaders of the various groups in the UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society, but a large amount of work has been carried out by other specialists, many of whom attended a guidelines conference in May 2009. We have attempted to represent this work in the acknowledgements section. Over the past few years, there have been advances in the management of neuroendocrine tumours, which have included clearer characterisation, more specific and therapeutically relevant diagnosis, and improved treatments. However, there remain few randomised trials in the field and the disease is uncommon, hence all evidence must be considered weak in comparison with other more common cancers.
CitationGuidelines for the management of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine (including carcinoid) tumours (NETs). 2012, 61 (1):6-32 Gut
- Guidelines for the management of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine (including carcinoid) tumours.
- Authors: Ramage JK, Davies AH, Ardill J, Bax N, Caplin M, Grossman A, Hawkins R, McNicol AM, Reed N, Sutton R, Thakker R, Aylwin S, Breen D, Britton K, Buchanan K, Corrie P, Gillams A, Lewington V, McCance D, Meeran K, Watkinson A, UKNETwork for Neuroendocrine Tumours.
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine (carcinoid) tumors in children.
- Authors: Johnson PR
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Guidelines for the management of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumours (including bronchopulmonary and thymic neoplasms). Part I-general overview.
- Authors: Oberg K, Astrup L, Eriksson B, Falkmer SE, Falkmer UG, Gustafsen J, Haglund C, Knigge U, Vatn MH, Välimäki M, Nordic NE Tumour Group.
- Issue date: 2004
- Preface: Gastroenteropancreatic system and its tumors: Part 2.
- Authors: Vinik AI
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- Nordic guidelines 2014 for diagnosis and treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms.
- Authors: Janson ET, Sorbye H, Welin S, Federspiel B, Grønbæk H, Hellman P, Ladekarl M, Langer SW, Mortensen J, Schalin-Jäntti C, Sundin A, Sundlöv A, Thiis-Evensen E, Knigge U
- Issue date: 2014 Oct