AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics strive to explain the interindividual variability in response to drugs due to genetic variation. For certain drugs, genetic tests can reduce adverse drug reactions and improve treatment efficacy. In this review, we will briefly consider some successful tests introduced into clinical practice and potential future developments.
CitationPharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics: a clinical reality. 2011, 48 (Pt 5):410-7 Ann Clin Biochem
JournalAnnals of Clinical Biochemistry
- Implications of pharmacogenomics for anesthesia providers.
- Authors: Ama T, Bounmythavong S, Blaze J, Weismann M, Marienau MS, Nicholson WT
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Pharmacogenomics of adverse drug reactions: implementing personalized medicine.
- Authors: Wei CY, Lee MT, Chen YT
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 15
- Cancer pharmacogenomics: powerful tools in cancer chemotherapy and drug development.
- Authors: Lee W, Lockhart AC, Kim RB, Rothenberg ML
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- Primer on medical genomics. Part XII: Pharmacogenomics--general principles with cancer as a model.
- Authors: Goetz MP, Ames MM, Weinshilboum RM
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- Somatic pharmacogenomics in cancer.
- Authors: Ikediobi ON
- Issue date: 2008 Oct