AffiliationUniversity of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCyclin D1 is a well-characterised cell cycle regulator with established oncogenic capabilities. Despite these properties, studies report contrasting links to tumour aggressiveness. It has previously been shown that silencing cyclin D1 increases the migratory capacity of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells with concomitant increase in 'inhibitor of differentiation 1' (ID1) gene expression. Id1 is known to be associated with more invasive features of cancer and with the epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT). Here, we sought to determine if the increase in cell motility following cyclin D1 silencing was mediated by Id1 and enhanced EMT-features. To further substantiate these findings we aimed to delineate the link between CCND1, ID1 and EMT, as well as clinical properties in primary breast cancer.
CitationCyclin D1, Id1 and EMT in breast cancer. 2011, 11:417 BMC Cancer
- Down-regulation of the oncogene cyclin D1 increases migratory capacity in breast cancer and is linked to unfavorable prognostic features.
- Authors: Lehn S, Tobin NP, Berglund P, Nilsson K, Sims AH, Jirström K, Härkönen P, Lamb R, Landberg G
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Cyclin D1 cooperates with p21 to regulate TGFβ-mediated breast cancer cell migration and tumor local invasion.
- Authors: Dai M, Al-Odaini AA, Fils-Aimé N, Villatoro MA, Guo J, Arakelian A, Rabbani SA, Ali S, Lebrun JJ
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 20
- Hypoxia, Snail and incomplete epithelial-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer.
- Authors: Lundgren K, Nordenskjöld B, Landberg G
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 17
- E47 and Id1 interplay in epithelial-mesenchymal transition.
- Authors: Cubillo E, Diaz-Lopez A, Cuevas EP, Moreno-Bueno G, Peinado H, Montes A, Santos V, Portillo F, Cano A
- Issue date: 2013
- Cyclin D1 is a direct target of JAG1-mediated Notch signaling in breast cancer.
- Authors: Cohen B, Shimizu M, Izrailit J, Ng NF, Buchman Y, Pan JG, Dering J, Reedijk M
- Issue date: 2010 Aug