A pilot study to explore circulating tumour cells in pancreatic cancer as a novel biomarker.
Backen, Alison C
Menasce, Lia P
Ryder, W David J
Krebs, Matthew G
Board, Ruth E
Blackhall, Fiona H
Valle, Juan W
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractObtaining tissue for pancreatic carcinoma diagnosis and biomarker assessment to aid drug development is challenging. Circulating tumour cells (CTCs) may represent a potential biomarker to address these unmet needs. We compared prospectively the utility of two platforms for CTC enumeration and characterisation in pancreatic cancer patients in a pilot exploratory study.
CitationA pilot study to explore circulating tumour cells in pancreatic cancer as a novel biomarker. 2012, 106 (3):508-16 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Analysis of circulating tumor cells in patients with non-small cell lung cancer using epithelial marker-dependent and -independent approaches.
- Authors: Krebs MG, Hou JM, Sloane R, Lancashire L, Priest L, Nonaka D, Ward TH, Backen A, Clack G, Hughes A, Ranson M, Blackhall FH, Dive C
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Molecular detection of epithelial-mesenchymal transition markers in circulating tumor cells from pancreatic cancer patients: Potential role in clinical practice.
- Authors: Zhao XH, Wang ZR, Chen CL, Di L, Bi ZF, Li ZH, Liu YM
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 7
- Phenotypic and genetic heterogeneity of tumor tissue and circulating tumor cells in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: A report from the PETRUS prospective study.
- Authors: Massard C, Oulhen M, Le Moulec S, Auger N, Foulon S, Abou-Lovergne A, Billiot F, Valent A, Marty V, Loriot Y, Fizazi K, Vielh P, Farace F
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 23
- Optimization and Evaluation of a Novel Size Based Circulating Tumor Cell Isolation System.
- Authors: Xu L, Mao X, Imrali A, Syed F, Mutsvangwa K, Berney D, Cathcart P, Hines J, Shamash J, Lu YJ
- Issue date: 2015
- Circulating Tumor Cell Phenotype Predicts Recurrence and Survival in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Poruk KE, Valero V 3rd, Saunders T, Blackford AL, Griffin JF, Poling J, Hruban RH, Anders RA, Herman J, Zheng L, Rasheed ZA, Laheru DA, Ahuja N, Weiss MJ, Cameron JL, Goggins M, Iacobuzio-Donahue CA, Wood LD, Wolfgang CL
- Issue date: 2016 Dec