Analysis of circulating tumor cells in patients with non-small cell lung cancer using epithelial marker-dependent and -independent approaches.
AuthorsKrebs, Matthew G
Lancashire, Lee J
Ward, Timothy H
Backen, Alison C
Ranson, Malcolm R
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEpithelial circulating tumor cells (CTCs) are detectable in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). However, epithelial to mesenchymal transition, a widely reported prerequisite for metastasis, may lead to an underestimation of CTC number. We compared directly an epithelial marker-dependent (CellSearch) and a marker-independent (isolation by size of epithelial tumor cells [ISET]) technology platform for the ability to identify CTCs. Molecular characteristics of CTCs were also explored.
CitationAnalysis of circulating tumor cells in patients with non-small cell lung cancer using epithelial marker-dependent and -independent approaches. 2012, 7 (2):306-15 J Thorac Oncol
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Circulating Tumor Cell Analyses in Patients With Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma Using Epithelial Marker-Dependent and -Independent Approaches.
- Authors: Li H, Song P, Zou B, Liu M, Cui K, Zhou P, Li S, Zhang B
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Detection of circulating tumor cells as a prognostic factor in patients undergoing radical surgery for non-small-cell lung carcinoma: comparison of the efficacy of the CellSearch Assay™ and the isolation by size of epithelial tumor cell method.
- Authors: Hofman V, Ilie MI, Long E, Selva E, Bonnetaud C, Molina T, Vénissac N, Mouroux J, Vielh P, Hofman P
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 1
- Size-based isolation of circulating tumor cells in lung cancer patients using a microcavity array system.
- Authors: Hosokawa M, Kenmotsu H, Koh Y, Yoshino T, Yoshikawa T, Naito T, Takahashi T, Murakami H, Nakamura Y, Tsuya A, Shukuya T, Ono A, Akamatsu H, Watanabe R, Ono S, Mori K, Kanbara H, Yamaguchi K, Tanaka T, Matsunaga T, Yamamoto N
- Issue date: 2013
- Clinical significance and molecular characteristics of circulating tumor cells and circulating tumor microemboli in patients with small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Hou JM, Krebs MG, Lancashire L, Sloane R, Backen A, Swain RK, Priest LJ, Greystoke A, Zhou C, Morris K, Ward T, Blackhall FH, Dive C
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 10
- Recent advances and prospects in the isolation by size of epithelial tumor cells (ISET) methodology.
- Authors: Ma YC, Wang L, Yu FL
- Issue date: 2013 Aug