Phase I study to assess the safety and tolerability of olaparib in combination with bevacizumab in patients with advanced solid tumours.
AuthorsDean, Emma J
Middleton, M R
Ranson, Malcolm R
AffiliationClinical Trials Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, The University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4, BX, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOlaparib (AZD2281) is a potent oral poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor with anti-tumour activity and acceptable toxicity as monotherapy in patients with BRCA-deficient cancers. The vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibitor bevacizumab has been incorporated into standard of care with chemotherapy in various tumours. This phase I study established the safety, tolerability and clinical pharmacokinetics of olaparib alone and in combination with bevacizumab.
CitationPhase I study to assess the safety and tolerability of olaparib in combination with bevacizumab in patients with advanced solid tumours. 2012, 106 (3):468-74 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Safety and tolerability of the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor, olaparib (AZD2281) in combination with topotecan for the treatment of patients with advanced solid tumors: a phase I study.
- Authors: Samol J, Ranson M, Scott E, Macpherson E, Carmichael J, Thomas A, Cassidy J
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- A Phase 1 trial of the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor olaparib (AZD2281) in combination with the anti-angiogenic cediranib (AZD2171) in recurrent epithelial ovarian or triple-negative breast cancer.
- Authors: Liu JF, Tolaney SM, Birrer M, Fleming GF, Buss MK, Dahlberg SE, Lee H, Whalen C, Tyburski K, Winer E, Ivy P, Matulonis UA
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Olaparib combined with chemotherapy for recurrent platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer: a randomised phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Oza AM, Cibula D, Benzaquen AO, Poole C, Mathijssen RH, Sonke GS, Colombo N, Špaček J, Vuylsteke P, Hirte H, Mahner S, Plante M, Schmalfeldt B, Mackay H, Rowbottom J, Lowe ES, Dougherty B, Barrett JC, Friedlander M
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of olaparib tablets as monotherapy and in combination with paclitaxel: results of a Phase I study in Chinese patients with advanced solid tumours.
- Authors: Yuan P, Shentu J, Xu J, Burke W, Hsu K, Learoyd M, Zhu M, Xu B
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Safety and Clinical Activity of the Programmed Death-Ligand 1 Inhibitor Durvalumab in Combination With Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Inhibitor Olaparib or Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Receptor 1-3 Inhibitor Cediranib in Women's Cancers: A Dose-Escalation, Phase I Study.
- Authors: Lee JM, Cimino-Mathews A, Peer CJ, Zimmer A, Lipkowitz S, Annunziata CM, Cao L, Harrell MI, Swisher EM, Houston N, Botesteanu DA, Taube JM, Thompson E, Ogurtsova A, Xu H, Nguyen J, Ho TW, Figg WD, Kohn EC
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 1