Influence of comorbidities and age on risk of death without recurrence: a retrospective analysis of the Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination trial.
AffiliationSussex Cancer Centre, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, BN2 5BE, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination (ATAC) study was a double-blind randomized trial in which postmenopausal women with early-stage breast cancer were assigned to receive anastrozole, tamoxifen, or the combination. We have conducted a retrospective analysis to examine the effects of comorbidities and age on treatment received, breast cancer-related mortality, and competing causes of mortality.
CitationInfluence of comorbidities and age on risk of death without recurrence: a retrospective analysis of the Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination trial. 2011, 29 (32):4266-72 J Clin Oncol
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- 'Arimidex' (anastrozole) versus tamoxifen as adjuvant therapy in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer--efficacy overview.
- Authors: Buzdar AU, ATAC trialists' group.
- Issue date: 2003 Sep
- Effect of anastrozole and tamoxifen as adjuvant treatment for early-stage breast cancer: 10-year analysis of the ATAC trial.
- Authors: Cuzick J, Sestak I, Baum M, Buzdar A, Howell A, Dowsett M, Forbes JF, ATAC/LATTE investigators.
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Anastrozole alone or in combination with tamoxifen versus tamoxifen alone for adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with early-stage breast cancer: results of the ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination) trial efficacy and safety update analyses.
- Authors: Baum M, Buzdar A, Cuzick J, Forbes J, Houghton J, Howell A, Sahmoud T, ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination) Trialists' Group.
- Issue date: 2003 Nov 1
- Breast surgery in the 'Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination' (ATAC) trial: American women are more likely than women from the United Kingdom to undergo mastectomy.
- Authors: Locker GY, Sainsbury JR, Cuzick J, ATAC Trialists' Group.
- Issue date: 2004 Aug 15
- Neoadjuvant treatment of postmenopausal breast cancer with anastrozole, tamoxifen, or both in combination: the Immediate Preoperative Anastrozole, Tamoxifen, or Combined with Tamoxifen (IMPACT) multicenter double-blind randomized trial.
- Authors: Smith IE, Dowsett M, Ebbs SR, Dixon JM, Skene A, Blohmer JU, Ashley SE, Francis S, Boeddinghaus I, Walsh G, IMPACT Trialists Group.
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 1