Apronectomy combined with laparotomy for morbidly obese endometrial cancer patients.
AffiliationDepartment of Gynaecological Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe surgical management of morbidly (BMI >40) and super obese (BMI >50) women with endometrial cancer is challenging. The aim of this study was to describe the short and long term outcomes of apronectomy combined with laparotomy for endometrial cancer staging and tumour debulking.
CitationApronectomy combined with laparotomy for morbidly obese endometrial cancer patients. 2011, 20 (4):e187-93 Surg Oncol
- Comparing surgical outcomes in obese women undergoing laparotomy, laparoscopy, or laparotomy with panniculectomy for the staging of uterine malignancy.
- Authors: Eisenhauer EL, Wypych KA, Mehrara BJ, Lawson C, Chi DS, Barakat RR, Abu-Rustum NR
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- What is the optimal minimally invasive surgical procedure for endometrial cancer staging in the obese and morbidly obese woman?
- Authors: Gehrig PA, Cantrell LA, Shafer A, Abaid LN, Mendivil A, Boggess JF
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- A cohort study evaluating robotic versus laparotomy surgical outcomes of obese women with endometrial carcinoma.
- Authors: Subramaniam A, Kim KH, Bryant SA, Zhang B, Sikes C, Kimball KJ, Kilgore LC, Huh WK, Straughn JM Jr, Alvarez RD
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Panniculectomy: improving lymph node yield in morbidly obese patients with endometrial neoplasms.
- Authors: Wright JD, Powell MA, Herzog TJ, Mutch DG, Rader JS, Gao F, Gibb RK
- Issue date: 2004 Aug
- Surgical management of early-stage endometrial cancer in the elderly: is laparoscopy feasible?
- Authors: Scribner DR Jr, Walker JL, Johnson GA, McMeekin SD, Gold MA, Mannel RS
- Issue date: 2001 Dec