Monitoring dosimetric impact of weight loss with kilovoltage (kV) cone beam CT (CBCT) during parotid-sparing IMRT and concurrent chemotherapy.
AuthorsHo, Kean F
Marchant, Thomas E
Moore, Christopher J
Webster, Gareth J
Rowbottom, Carl G
Lee, Lip W
Yap, Beng K
Sykes, Andrew J
Slevin, Nicholas J
AffiliationAcademic Radiation Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractParotid-sparing head-and-neck intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) can reduce long-term xerostomia. However, patients frequently experience weight loss and tumor shrinkage during treatment. We evaluate the use of kilovoltage (kV) cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) for dose monitoring and examine if the dosimetric impact of such changes on the parotid and critical neural structures warrants replanning during treatment.
CitationMonitoring dosimetric impact of weight loss with kilovoltage (kV) cone beam CT (CBCT) during parotid-sparing IMRT and concurrent chemotherapy. 2012, 82 (3):e375-82 Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys
JournalInternational Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics
- Parotid glands dose-effect relationships based on their actually delivered doses: implications for adaptive replanning in radiation therapy of head-and-neck cancer.
- Authors: Hunter KU, Fernandes LL, Vineberg KA, McShan D, Antonuk AE, Cornwall C, Feng M, Schipper MJ, Balter JM, Eisbruch A
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 15
- Co-registration of cone beam CT and planning CT in head and neck IMRT dose estimation: a feasible adaptive radiotherapy strategy.
- Authors: Yip C, Thomas C, Michaelidou A, James D, Lynn R, Lei M, Guerrero Urbano T
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Repeat CT imaging and replanning during the course of IMRT for head-and-neck cancer.
- Authors: Hansen EK, Bucci MK, Quivey JM, Weinberg V, Xia P
- Issue date: 2006 Feb 1
- A clinical concept for interfractional adaptive radiation therapy in the treatment of head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Jensen AD, Nill S, Huber PE, Bendl R, Debus J, Münter MW
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 1
- Weekly volume and dosimetric changes during chemoradiotherapy with intensity-modulated radiation therapy for head and neck cancer: a prospective observational study.
- Authors: Bhide SA, Davies M, Burke K, McNair HA, Hansen V, Barbachano Y, El-Hariry IA, Newbold K, Harrington KJ, Nutting CM
- Issue date: 2010 Apr