Assessment of letrozole and tamoxifen alone and in sequence for postmenopausal women with steroid hormone receptor-positive breast cancer: the BIG 1-98 randomised clinical trial at 8·1 years median follow-up.
Wardley, Andrew M
AffiliationInternational Breast Cancer Study Group Statistical Center, Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPostmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer have persistent, long-term risk of breast-cancer recurrence and death. Therefore, trials assessing endocrine therapies for this patient population need extended follow-up. We present an update of efficacy outcomes in the Breast International Group (BIG) 1-98 study at 8·1 years median follow-up.
CitationAssessment of letrozole and tamoxifen alone and in sequence for postmenopausal women with steroid hormone receptor-positive breast cancer: the BIG 1-98 randomised clinical trial at 8·1 years median follow-up. 2011, 12 (12):1101-8 Lancet Oncol
- Letrozole therapy alone or in sequence with tamoxifen in women with breast cancer.
- Authors: BIG 1-98 Collaborative Group., Mouridsen H, Giobbie-Hurder A, Goldhirsch A, Thürlimann B, Paridaens R, Smith I, Mauriac L, Forbes J, Price KN, Regan MM, Gelber RD, Coates AS
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 20
- Extended adjuvant intermittent letrozole versus continuous letrozole in postmenopausal women with breast cancer (SOLE): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Colleoni M, Luo W, Karlsson P, Chirgwin J, Aebi S, Jerusalem G, Neven P, Hitre E, Graas MP, Simoncini E, Kamby C, Thompson A, Loibl S, Gavilá J, Kuroi K, Marth C, Müller B, O'Reilly S, Di Lauro V, Gombos A, Ruhstaller T, Burstein H, Ribi K, Bernhard J, Viale G, Maibach R, Rabaglio-Poretti M, Gelber RD, Coates AS, Di Leo A, Regan MM, Goldhirsch A, SOLE Investigators.
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- The cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 inhibitor palbociclib in combination with letrozole versus letrozole alone as first-line treatment of oestrogen receptor-positive, HER2-negative, advanced breast cancer (PALOMA-1/TRIO-18): a randomised phase 2 study.
- Authors: Finn RS, Crown JP, Lang I, Boer K, Bondarenko IM, Kulyk SO, Ettl J, Patel R, Pinter T, Schmidt M, Shparyk Y, Thummala AR, Voytko NL, Fowst C, Huang X, Kim ST, Randolph S, Slamon DJ
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Adjuvant letrozole versus tamoxifen according to centrally-assessed ERBB2 status for postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: supplementary results from the BIG 1-98 randomised trial.
- Authors: Rasmussen BB, Regan MM, Lykkesfeldt AE, Dell'Orto P, Del Curto B, Henriksen KL, Mastropasqua MG, Price KN, Méry E, Lacroix-Triki M, Braye S, Altermatt HJ, Gelber RD, Castiglione-Gertsch M, Goldhirsch A, Gusterson BA, Thürlimann B, Coates AS, Viale G, BIG 1-98 Collaborative and International Breast Cancer Study Groups.
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Update of the BIG 1-98 Trial: where do we stand?
- Authors: Joerger M, Thürlimann B
- Issue date: 2009 Oct