The use of a combined radial forearm flap and radial fascial flap for layered dural lining and an orbital defect reconstruction.
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVariable reconstruction methods for craniofacial tumour resections have been devised with the primary purpose to improve quality of life and disease control. The reconstructive aims are to provide a watertight seal, cranial base support while allowing a cosmetically pleasing result. For defects involving the orbit, maintenance of the depth of the orbital socket remains important for prosthetic fitting and a bulky flap is not advisable for this purpose. This case demonstrates the use of a combination pericranial flap, radial forearm fascial flap and cutaneous radial forearm flap. We have been able to achieve a watertight seal of dura in multiple layers, provide adequate support to the cranial base while giving a non bulky reconstruction of the orbit.
CitationThe use of a combined radial forearm flap and radial fascial flap for layered dural lining and an orbital defect reconstruction. 2011, 64 (7):e167-9 J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg
JournalJournal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- The use of combined radial forearm cutaneous and radial forearm fascial flaps in head and neck reconstruction: a case series.
- Authors: Bondin D, Smith OJ, Ross GL
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Three-dimensional model simulation and reconstruction of composite total maxillectomy defects with fibula osteomyocutaneous flap flow-through from radial forearm flap.
- Authors: He Y, Zhu HG, Zhang ZY, He J, Sader R
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Composite anterolateral thigh-fascia lata flap: a good alternative to radial forearm-palmaris longus flap for total lower lip reconstruction.
- Authors: Yildirim S, Gideroğlu K, Aydogdu E, Avci G, Akan M, Aköz T
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Combined use of a radial fore arm free flap for extra-intracranial bypass and for antero-lateral skull base reconstruction--a new technique and review of literature.
- Authors: Cornelius JF, George B, Kolb F
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Prefabricated bony radial forearm flap for secondary mandible reconstruction after radiochemotherapy.
- Authors: Leonhardt H, Pradel W, Mai R, Markwardt J, Lauer G
- Issue date: 2009 Dec