YY1 expression predicts favourable outcome in follicular lymphoma.
Hoyland, J A
Linton, Kim M
Illidge, Timothy M
Radford, John A
AffiliationSchool of Cancer and Enabling Sciences, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFollicular lymphoma is the second most common type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma worldwide. The majority of patients diagnosed as having follicular lymphoma have an indolent form of the disease, but a subset of patients have aggressive disease with a shorter survival interval. Optimal treatment stratification requires a distinction between these two groups, though there are presently few prognostic biomarkers available. The transcription factor YY1 has been shown to play an important role in cancer biology. The authors have previously reported a correlation of Yin Yang 1 (YY1) mRNA levels with survival in FL. This study aimed to validate these findings at the protein level.
CitationYY1 expression predicts favourable outcome in follicular lymphoma. 2011, 64 (2):125-9 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- PLK1 and YY1 interaction in follicular lymphoma is associated with unfavourable outcome.
- Authors: Sandison HE, Usher S, Karimiani EG, Ashton G, Menasce LP, Radford JA, Linton K, Byers RJ
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Improved demonstration of immunohistochemical prognostic markers for survival in follicular lymphoma cells.
- Authors: Camacho FI, Bellas C, Corbacho C, Caleo A, Arranz-Sáez R, Cannata J, Menárguez J, Sánchez-Verde L, González-Camacho L, Pérez-Martín ME, Martínez-González MA, Alvaro T, Mollejo M, Ruíz-Marcellán C, Montalbán C, Piris MA
- Issue date: 2011 May
- YY1 overexpression is associated with poor prognosis and metastasis-free survival in patients suffering osteosarcoma.
- Authors: de Nigris F, Zanella L, Cacciatore F, De Chiara A, Fazioli F, Chiappetta G, Apice G, Infante T, Monaco M, Rossiello R, De Rosa G, Alberghini M, Napoli C
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 2
- microRNA-7 is a novel inhibitor of YY1 contributing to colorectal tumorigenesis.
- Authors: Zhang N, Li X, Wu CW, Dong Y, Cai M, Mok MT, Wang H, Chen J, Ng SS, Chen M, Sung JJ, Yu J
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 17
- Identification of MUM1 as a prognostic immunohistochemical marker in follicular lymphoma using computerized image analysis.
- Authors: Xerri L, Bachy E, Fabiani B, Canioni D, Chassagne-Clément C, Dartigues-Cuilléres P, Charlotte F, Brousse N, Rousselet MC, Foussard C, Brice P, Feugier P, Morschhauser F, Sonet A, Olive D, Salles G, LYSA study.
- Issue date: 2014 Oct