YY1 expression predicts favourable outcome in follicular lymphoma.
Hoyland, J A
Linton, Kim M
Illidge, Timothy M
Radford, John A
AffiliationSchool of Cancer and Enabling Sciences, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFollicular lymphoma is the second most common type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma worldwide. The majority of patients diagnosed as having follicular lymphoma have an indolent form of the disease, but a subset of patients have aggressive disease with a shorter survival interval. Optimal treatment stratification requires a distinction between these two groups, though there are presently few prognostic biomarkers available. The transcription factor YY1 has been shown to play an important role in cancer biology. The authors have previously reported a correlation of Yin Yang 1 (YY1) mRNA levels with survival in FL. This study aimed to validate these findings at the protein level.
CitationYY1 expression predicts favourable outcome in follicular lymphoma. 2011, 64 (2):125-9 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- PLK1 and YY1 interaction in follicular lymphoma is associated with unfavourable outcome.
- Authors: Sandison HE, Usher S, Karimiani EG, Ashton G, Menasce LP, Radford JA, Linton K, Byers RJ
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Improved demonstration of immunohistochemical prognostic markers for survival in follicular lymphoma cells.
- Authors: Camacho FI, Bellas C, Corbacho C, Caleo A, Arranz-Sáez R, Cannata J, Menárguez J, Sánchez-Verde L, González-Camacho L, Pérez-Martín ME, Martínez-González MA, Alvaro T, Mollejo M, Ruíz-Marcellán C, Montalbán C, Piris MA
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Loss of YY1 expression predicts unfavorable prognosis in stage III colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Kim H, Bang S, Jee S, Park S, Kim Y, Park H, Jang K, Paik SS
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Prognostic significance of histologic grade and Ki-67 proliferation index in follicular lymphoma.
- Authors: Xue T, Yu BH, Yan WH, Jiang XN, Tian T, Zhou XY, Li XQ
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Role of the Transcription Factor Yin Yang 1 and Its Selectively Identified Target Survivin in High-Grade B-Cells Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas: Potential Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targets.
- Authors: Vivarelli S, Falzone L, Ligresti G, Candido S, Garozzo A, Magro GG, Bonavida B, Libra M
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 3