Analyses adjusting for selective crossover show improved overall survival with adjuvant letrozole compared with tamoxifen in the BIG 1-98 study.
Regan, Meredith M
Forbes, John F
Wardley, Andrew M
Price, Karen N
Gelber, Richard D
Coates, Alan S
AffiliationEuropean Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAmong postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive breast cancer, the aromatase inhibitor letrozole, when compared with tamoxifen, has been shown to significantly improve disease-free survival (DFS) and time to distant recurrence (TDR). We investigated whether letrozole monotherapy prolonged overall survival (OS) compared with tamoxifen monotherapy.
CitationAnalyses adjusting for selective crossover show improved overall survival with adjuvant letrozole compared with tamoxifen in the BIG 1-98 study. 2011, 29 (9):1117-24 J. Clin. Oncol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Assessment of letrozole and tamoxifen alone and in sequence for postmenopausal women with steroid hormone receptor-positive breast cancer: the BIG 1-98 randomised clinical trial at 8·1 years median follow-up.
- Authors: Regan MM, Neven P, Giobbie-Hurder A, Goldhirsch A, Ejlertsen B, Mauriac L, Forbes JF, Smith I, Láng I, Wardley A, Rabaglio M, Price KN, Gelber RD, Coates AS, Thürlimann B, BIG 1-98 Collaborative Group., International Breast Cancer Study Group (IBCSG).
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- A comparison of letrozole and tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer.
- Authors: Breast International Group (BIG) 1-98 Collaborative Group., Thürlimann B, Keshaviah A, Coates AS, Mouridsen H, Mauriac L, Forbes JF, Paridaens R, Castiglione-Gertsch M, Gelber RD, Rabaglio M, Smith I, Wardley A, Price KN, Goldhirsch A
- Issue date: 2005 Dec 29
- The use of early adjuvant aromatase inhibitor therapy: contributions from the BIG 1-98 letrozole trial.
- Authors: Forbes JF
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Five years of letrozole compared with tamoxifen as initial adjuvant therapy for postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: update of study BIG 1-98.
- Authors: Coates AS, Keshaviah A, Thürlimann B, Mouridsen H, Mauriac L, Forbes JF, Paridaens R, Castiglione-Gertsch M, Gelber RD, Colleoni M, Láng I, Del Mastro L, Smith I, Chirgwin J, Nogaret JM, Pienkowski T, Wardley A, Jakobsen EH, Price KN, Goldhirsch A
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 10
- Adjuvant letrozole versus tamoxifen according to centrally-assessed ERBB2 status for postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: supplementary results from the BIG 1-98 randomised trial.
- Authors: Rasmussen BB, Regan MM, Lykkesfeldt AE, Dell'Orto P, Del Curto B, Henriksen KL, Mastropasqua MG, Price KN, Méry E, Lacroix-Triki M, Braye S, Altermatt HJ, Gelber RD, Castiglione-Gertsch M, Goldhirsch A, Gusterson BA, Thürlimann B, Coates AS, Viale G, BIG 1-98 Collaborative and International Breast Cancer Study Groups.
- Issue date: 2008 Jan