Changes in arterial stiffness but not carotid intimal thickness in acromegaly.
AuthorsPaisley, Angela N
Schofield, R E
Lawrance, Jeremy A L
Trainer, Peter J
Cruickshank, J K
AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology, The Christie National Health Service Foundation Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAcromegaly increases cardiovascular morbidity. We tested the hypothesis that increased arterial stiffness together with left ventricular hypertrophy may be a contributory factor.
CitationChanges in arterial stiffness but not carotid intimal thickness in acromegaly. 2011, 96 (5):1486-92 J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab.
JournalJournal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Increased arterial intima-media thickness by B-M mode echodoppler ultrasonography in acromegaly.
- Authors: Colao A, Spiezia S, Cerbone G, Pivonello R, Marzullo P, Ferone D, Di Somma C, Assanti AP, Lombardi G
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- Structural and functional changes of carotid wall properties in patients with acromegaly are not restored after 1 year of GH/IGF1 normalization.
- Authors: Găloiu S, Jurcuţ R, Vlădaia A, Florian A, Purice M, Popescu BA, Ginghină C, Coculescu M
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Cardiovascular consequences of early-onset growth hormone excess.
- Authors: Colao A, Spinelli L, Cuocolo A, Spiezia S, Pivonello R, di Somma C, Bonaduce D, Salvatore M, Lombardi G
- Issue date: 2002 Jul
- Arterial properties in acromegaly: relation to disease activity and associated cardiovascular risk factors.
- Authors: Yaron M, Izkhakov E, Sack J, Azzam I, Osher E, Tordjman K, Stern N, Greenman Y
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Echo-Doppler assessment of arterial stiffness in pediatric patients with Kawasaki disease.
- Authors: AlHuzaimi A, Al Mashham Y, Potts JE, De Souza AM, Sandor GG
- Issue date: 2013 Sep