A phase I study of the safety and tolerability of olaparib (AZD2281, KU0059436) and dacarbazine in patients with advanced solid tumours.
AuthorsKhan, O A
Lorigan, Paul C
Watson, Amanda J
Thorncroft, Mary R
Margison, Geoffrey P
Middleton, M R
AffiliationUniversity of Oxford Department of Oncology, Churchill Hospital, Old Road, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPoly adenosine diphosphate (ADP)-ribose polymerase (PARP) is essential in cellular processing of DNA damage via the base excision repair pathway (BER). The PARP inhibition can be directly cytotoxic to tumour cells and augments the anti-tumour effects of DNA-damaging agents. This study evaluated the optimally tolerated dose of olaparib (4-(3--4-fluorophenyl) methyl-1(2H)-one; AZD2281, KU0059436), a potent PARP inhibitor, with dacarbazine and assessed safety, toxicity, clinical pharmacokinetics and efficacy of combination treatment.
CitationA phase I study of the safety and tolerability of olaparib (AZD2281, KU0059436) and dacarbazine in patients with advanced solid tumours. 2011, 104 (5):750-5 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
PubMed Central IDPMC3048218
- Safety and tolerability of the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor, olaparib (AZD2281) in combination with topotecan for the treatment of patients with advanced solid tumors: a phase I study.
- Authors: Samol J, Ranson M, Scott E, Macpherson E, Carmichael J, Thomas A, Cassidy J
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- A phase I combination study of olaparib with cisplatin and gemcitabine in adults with solid tumors.
- Authors: Rajan A, Carter CA, Kelly RJ, Gutierrez M, Kummar S, Szabo E, Yancey MA, Ji J, Mannargudi B, Woo S, Spencer S, Figg WD, Giaccone G
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 15
- Phase I study to assess the safety and tolerability of olaparib in combination with bevacizumab in patients with advanced solid tumours.
- Authors: Dean E, Middleton MR, Pwint T, Swaisland H, Carmichael J, Goodege-Kunwar P, Ranson M
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 31
- Phase I study of olaparib plus gemcitabine in patients with advanced solid tumours and comparison with gemcitabine alone in patients with locally advanced/metastatic pancreatic cancer.
- Authors: Bendell J, O'Reilly EM, Middleton MR, Chau I, Hochster H, Fielding A, Burke W, Burris H 3rd
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Safety and tolerability of the olaparib tablet formulation in Japanese patients with advanced solid tumours.
- Authors: Yonemori K, Tamura K, Kodaira M, Fujikawa K, Sagawa T, Esaki T, Shirakawa T, Hirai F, Yokoi Y, Kawata T, Hatano B, Takahashi Y
- Issue date: 2016 Sep