A qualitative exploration of a respiratory distress symptom cluster in lung cancer: cough, breathlessness and fatigue.
AffiliationSchool of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work, University of Manchester, University Place, Manchester M13 9PL, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is a growing awareness that symptoms frequently co-occur in 'symptom clusters' and that understanding these clusters may improve the management of unrelieved symptoms in patients. In-depth longitudinal exploration of lung cancer patients' symptom experiences is used to examine patient symptom experiences and distress across the disease trajectory of lung cancer.
CitationA qualitative exploration of a respiratory distress symptom cluster in lung cancer: cough, breathlessness and fatigue. 2011, 71 (1):94-102 Lung Cancer
- Increasing stringency in symptom cluster research: a methodological exploration of symptom clusters in patients with inoperable lung cancer.
- Authors: Henoch I, Ploner A, Tishelman C
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- How standard is 'standard care' in the symptom management of patients with lung cancer? The example of the 'respiratory distress' symptom cluster.
- Authors: Wagland R, Molassiotis A
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Management of the respiratory distress symptom cluster in lung cancer: a randomised controlled feasibility trial.
- Authors: Yorke J, Lloyd-Williams M, Smith J, Blackhall F, Harle A, Warden J, Ellis J, Pilling M, Haines J, Luker K, Molassiotis A
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- A symptom cluster and sentinel symptom experienced by women with lung cancer.
- Authors: Brown JK, Cooley ME, Chernecky C, Sarna L
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Comprehensive management of respiratory symptoms in patients with advanced lung cancer.
- Authors: McCannon J, Temel J
- Issue date: 2012 Jan-Feb